GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GOD IS REAL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/10/02 at 02:18
Regular
I have something to say to all you non-God types..

1. God does exsist, He created you, He can destroy you

2. Ya know the 'Big Bang' theory? Me and my mom belive it, So? What if God made noise while he created Earth, no one is silent

3. Why are you even bringing this subject up? It's pointless and you'll never win...

-God Bless, I'm prayin' for ya!

PS:God exists, you know it! Don't deny it! He has done something for you in the past so be thankfull there is a God

taken from: letssingit.com
Tue 22/10/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mendax Bartender wrote:
If God exists, he liekely has the mentality of Goatboy, and sees us
> all as Pixoes and Fairies, born, bred and ultimately destroyed for his
> personal amusement in our vast, inescapable prison.
---

See, I say this all the time but they just give me the pills and tell me to draw pretty pictures.

Actually, any argument about the existence of god is amusing as heck for one very simple reason.
Nobody knows.
But if I was God and you were my playthings, I'd give everyone massive heads (like the mutators in Multiplayer games) and make the planet zero gravity for a day a week.

I'd rule as God. And I'd have good music too, none of that harp-crap and I wouldn't be so preachy.
Tue 22/10/02 at 12:34
"Darkness, always"
OK, now.

If we are God's children etc etc etc, ramble ramble ramble. Why do we exist in a universe (which is essentially "God's garden") so inconcievably vast, that no one individual can hope to ever explore it?

Are we being kept from something?
Are the great distances there to keep us out of something, or to keep us locked in?

Either way, that would make us essentially prisoners wouldn't it? Which would certainly explain why humans are left to die en mass of everything from free radical deterioration to leprosy to napalm to nuclear devastation.

If life teaches anything, it is that the bold and the daring, those willing to scheme and deceive, and not the meek, who shall inheret the earth. Turning the other cheek only serves to present a new target for those who would oppose you.

And riddle me this Batman: Why was Christianity born in the midst of a civilisation on the verges of adopting a morality based way of life, rather than revolutionising the habits of tribal headhunters and cannibals, who in their very nature most abuse many of the commandments?

If God exists, he liekely has the mentality of Goatboy, and sees us all as Pixoes and Fairies, born, bred and ultimately destroyed for his personal amusement in our vast, inescapable prison.
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Ant wrote:
> Apparently, his leg started to grow back. Literally.

Without being too rude :-) I shall politely say that I find this a little hard to believe.

Yes, I believe in God, but I personally feel he makes his presence known in other, more subtle, ways.

Obviously I wasn't there and cannot say 'balls, this never happened'. I guess what you personally believe, affects what you consider 'could' or 'could not' happen.

Nice story if true though!
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
Just thought I'd add this in, it's something my Christian Youth Leader told me a few weeks back.

One of his friends was on a missionary trip in some sort of war-torn African country, and he was partaking in a small church service, where at one point a native man who had had his leg blown off (probably by a mine) asked that people would pray for him. Apparently, all the missionaries and other natives began praying and I think he told me that some of them touched the stump of his leg as they prayed.

Now look, my leader's friend swears this happened, but it's up to you to believe it or not. Apparently, his leg started to grow back. Literally. The whole church kind of went mad I think with people screaming and running everywhere, and I'm not surprised. :D

Maybe it was God, maybe it wasn't. Maybe it's not even true, but thanks to personal experience I don't need something like that to happen to prove the existence of God to me.

I've seen people who used to purposefully pick fights with others and beat them to pulps change in a matter of minutes thanks to just prayer, and I've seen groups of people fall over thanks to the power of God. Even if I tried not to believe in Him now, I don't think I could do it.

Anyway, this topic seems pretty civilised which is cool to see, lets just hope Pointless Babble doesn't enter the frey. {:)
Tue 22/10/02 at 11:17
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> But God is supposedly pure light/benevolence - thus his Angelic
> creations wouldn't contain an ounch of evil. Evil should never have
> existed.
> Lucifer didn't just rebel against God, he became the Devil - pure
> evil.
> Doesn't add up to me.

Okay, the way I see it is:
I agree with the statement about God beeing light etc
The devil was originally created by God, we are told that by the bible. However, we ARE also told that he did rebel against God, wanting God's position for himself. From your arguement, I think you are saying that this shouldn't have been able to happen rather than the fact that it didn't happen. (not sure if thats clear :-S)

Erm, my arguement would again be on the lines of free will. Satan simply had the choice to follow God or rebel against him (like we all do today). The fact that we all have free will means that there is possibilities for evil to edge into our thinking - this is what happened with Satan.

We know Jesus was said to be 'perfect' and that 'wickedness did not enter into his heart'. However, does that mean he was beyond the snares of evil? I don't think so because we know Satan tried to temp him three times when he felt Jesus was at his weakest. (Took him to a high place and offered him all the kingdoms of the earth in return for one act of worship - I forget the bible reference but somewhere in the Gospels).

The fact that Jesus refused the devil, I dont think means that it was impossible for him to do what Satan asked.

In summary, Jesus rejected the course of evil, Satan did not.

My view, hope this hasn't got anyone really offended etc. Not trying to enforce it on anyone! :-)
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:56
Regular
Gangsta Hamsta wrote:
> We are all created with free will to do as we please; we can worship
> God, or we can turn our back. Its our choice.
>
> Why should an angel be different?

But God is supposedly pure light/benevolence - thus his Angelic creations wouldn't contain an ounch of evil. Evil should never have existed.
Lucifer didn't just rebel against God, he became the Devil - pure evil.
Doesn't add up to me.
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:50
Regular
"Not your monkey"
Nomad Soul wrote:
> If God (specifically the Christian God) is 100% LIGHT, 100% Benevolent
> - where did the Angel Lucifer get his evil ambition from?

We are all created with free will to do as we please; we can worship God, or we can turn our back. Its our choice.

Why should an angel be different?
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:48
Regular
"Not your monkey"
LL Cool TT wrote:
> I think that there is more evidence contradicting the existence of God
> than disproving it, such as why 'He' refused to reveal Himself, and
> sent down a 'son' to tell us about God.

'Refused'? Maybe he just chose to do it the way he did. If we knew of this so called 'son', Jesus Christ, but had no record of him ever existing, then his existence would be called into question too.
Then consider "God created man in his image" and "..no man can see the face of God and live..." etc etc

> Why did he wait so long to reveal himself, in fact, why does he have to > reveal himself at all?

You have answered your own question. He has no obligation to 'appear' to us at all. He may even still plan to 'appear' to us in some form at a time he has scheduled. Who are we to say 'he took too long'?

> Why does he refuse to show himself to his divine creation.

"God created man in his image"
"God's personality is made manifest by his creation" etc etc
If you believe in creation, surely this is evidence enough of existence. You can see the result of his actions and know he is there, even though you can't see him. You can't see oxygen/air, but you know its there because you feel its effect every time you breathe

> Why don't animals appear to worship deities(although this may have
> something to do with intelligence)?

I would agree with your suggestion on intelligence here!
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:40
Regular
If God (specifically the Christian God) is 100% LIGHT, 100% Benevolent - where did the Angel Lucifer get his evil ambition from?
Tue 22/10/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
LL Cool TT wrote:

> Do you ever get the feeling that something is watching you?

Not watching but watching over..

>
> I think that there is more evidence contradicting the existence of God
> than disproving it, such as why 'He' refused to reveal Himself, and
> sent down a 'son' to tell us about God.

He has revealed himself loads of times and is still doing so to people all over the world. If you want me to go through all the reasons why God sent down his son to save the earth etc then just ask away.

You also have to remember that Gods son - later known as Jesus Christ - had appeared on the earth many times before "the birth" - the first recorded sighting of the "Trinity" of Father Son and Holy Spirit being when the three appeared to Abraham (Genesis 18).

> I find it annoying that atheism is now considered 'cool' by some
> people, and now people only refuse to believe in God because it may
> damage their popularity.

I agree .

I must
> also ask why the power of God does not empower all on Earth to believe
> in him, and follow Christianity?

Because we have been given free wills.

>
> *I'm still officially agnostic, but there seem to be too many points
> against the existence of God to prove anything.

There is more and more evidence being found all the time that "proves" the bible to be correct. Unfortunatley - until God comes down and poses for the Sun to plaster on the front page then people will still not believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.