GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's Happened to Latest OPS2 Mag ?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/10/02 at 00:19
Regular
Has anyone one seen it ?, it was due out last Fri the 4th, I haven't got my subscription copy and haven't been out much recently, is it in the shops ??
Tue 08/10/02 at 13:52
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Main features of latest issue are:

A whopping ten playable demos, including Tekken 4, Ratchet & Clank, Red Faction II, Burnout 2, Hitman 2, Ferrari F355 Challenge, Summoner 2, Micro Machines, Superman: Shadow Of Apokalips and Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex.
There are also massive exclusive reviews of WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth and Ratchet & Clank as well as amazing new info on GTA: Vice City, The Getaway, Devil May Cry 2 and Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness. This is the also the issue where we unveil our swanky new look, with loads of great new features. Trust us, it's worth the wait.
Tue 08/10/02 at 14:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mr H wrote:
> Main features of latest issue are:
>
> A whopping ten playable demos, including Tekken 4, Ratchet &
> Clank, Red Faction II, Burnout 2, Hitman 2, Ferrari F355 Challenge,
> Summoner 2, Micro Machines, Superman: Shadow Of Apokalips and Crash
> Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex.

Wow, what a line up. Red Faction 2 and Burnout 2 are two games I'm very interested in at the minute, especially after seein the cool lookin vids of them on PSW. Playable demos of them will be ace, I just hope its out in the next couple of days.
Tue 08/10/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
From the official site

"Today, we at OPS2 are sorry. We're more penitent even than a former prime minister famous for espousing family values who's been caught doing rudies with a female MP. Yes, due to circumstances beyond our control, Issue 27 of Official PlayStation 2 Magazine will not hit the shops today as advertised. We hope to have the magazine in shops in most parts of the country by the middle of next week at the latest."

Grovelling little insects - just give us the mag and all them tasty demo's !
Tue 08/10/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Well at least they had the decency to let us all know.

I might just go and pick this mag up just for the playable demo's, don't usually read any of the mags but this one sounds pretty tasty :-)
Tue 08/10/02 at 15:25
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
It certainly does,

The ones I look forward to trying are the seminal Micro Machines, Burnout 2, Tekken 4, Ratchet and Clank, Hitman 2 and Red Faction 2.

I probably wont be going for RF2 cos of Time Splitters 2 - but the demo may prove me wrong (though i doubt it !), Ratchet and Clank looks good and I want a decent platformer to fill in the void left by Jak and Daxter.

I never got Burnout but Burnout 2 is looking good and Iv'e been thinking of claiming it. If I can try the demo tomorrow I'd still have time to claim for del at the weekend.

Tekken 4 I dont think I will get whatever - though I do want to try it out - I am waiting for Soul Calibur 2 to fulfill my pugilistic fantasies.

And then Micro Machines - what a game that shuld be if it lives up to the last incarnation ( Not the daft Micro Maniacs !) A brilliant game in single player and sublime in multi player - All I will need is to find some mates to play against.
Tue 08/10/02 at 15:48
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I checked WH Smith's in Derby this afternoon and still not there, hopefully tomorrow.

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 08/10/02 at 15:54
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I hope someone remembers to post here when it's finally hit the shops, playable demo's of Burnout 2 (never played the first) is a definite, Hitman 2 (got the first on PC) and Tekken 4 (got TTT) would be my lineup.

Plus more reviews of GTA:VC as this is still going to be the biggest game this year, maybe even bigger than GTA3.....who knows :D

Hopefully find out in 31 days time eh Ros :-)
Tue 08/10/02 at 18:57
Regular
Glad it is not just me who has yet to receive their copy, I was just about to give them a ring and see where it was.
Tue 08/10/02 at 20:50
Regular
Im sure you'll all be very pleased with Hitman 2 as well. I rented it on friday when I noticed the mag wasn't around, so I guessed the reason. Can't wait for the new look and burnout 2 though!
Tue 08/10/02 at 23:35
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Hitman 2 should be dropping through my letterbox any day now - and as for OPS2 I think its really good of them to tell us whats wrong and hwy the mag will not hit the shelves on time. I always used to have problems with some magazines for PSone and PS2 and I never really knew whether it was the newsagents fault or the mags'. Should get my copy next week

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.