GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hospital"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 18:49
Regular
Let's talk health

In your life how many times have you been to hospital and why

Mine's are boring, I'll try and remember.

Week after I was born I had problems eating or something and had to spend week in hospital.

I ran into a door handle when I was young... cutting above my eye and a scar still remains.

I ran into a wall in PE (floor was wet) and got hairline fracture in my wrist.

That's about it

Also the hospital up the road from me is where George Orwell started writing 1984... I suggested they should put some sort of plaque up... they're going to. Hurrah
Sat 21/09/02 at 21:24
Regular
"That's right!"
Darn, SHEEPY, what you just said is almost identicle to what I had. I too had to go to speech therapy when I was really young (can't remember ever going, just that I did go)

Funny thing is, I continued messing up my "th-u's" for years afterwards, simply because no-one had EVER told me that it was pronounced with a "th-u" sound and not just an F. Seriously, I never knew that till I was older, so I suddenly stopped using F in such words as "thanks" and "thick"

I never picked up on the fact that people pronounced things differently to me for some reason. Guess I was just lazy, heh
Sat 21/09/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
1. When I was born I had an unusuall conglomeration of haemoglobin (a big lump) om my lip which I had to have cut off serveral times because it kept regrowing and they kept having to check that it wasn't cancer.

2.i was also born with glue ear so I had to have my adenoids removed 1. opereation and gromits in my ears 2 operations one to put them in and anither to get them out again

3. I ended up in hospital after drinking rather alot at a party when I was in the sixth form (that was pretty embarrassing).
Sat 21/09/02 at 21:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was in hospital early on for an eating problem, i was sick whenever i swallowed food. I had an operation to fix that.

I was in hospital to visit relatives.

Ive been in hospital to visit the dermatologist, i have a common skin disease which the dermatologist described as being "the worst case shes ever seen". Indeed so much so it is untreatable, which was a bummer.

I was in hospital to get a mole removed.

Thats it really.
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:33
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Dentist doesn't count

Mmmm

I had a lazy eye and had to wear patch when I younger, which I thought was cool. Fine now just can't be in airforce or something.

Also when I began talking my words started to sllluuuurrrrr and I had to go to speach guy once a week... ironically I began talking very well and posh... lost that now but I remember asking teacher how to spell cartoons at primary... it must have came out caaartoons and she wrote "curtains"... and sentence was:

" On saturday morning I like to sit and watch the curtains "

:D
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:24
"Uzi Lover"
I was born.

I had a lazy eye.

I had the chop.

That is all.
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:22
Regular
Lets see...

When I was born, my liver wasn't working, so I had to stay in for a while.

When I was 3 I had some kind of virus which made me feel ill at the thought of eating and drinking, was in hospital for 3 days, drip in hand, had lots of strawberry milkshakes, etc.

When I was 9 I slipped and cracked my head open on the corner of a door, had to go in for a few stitches.

When I was 11, I had to go to the orthodontic department of the hospital to have my brace tightened regularly.

When I was 13 I had to go for checkups in the orthodontic hospital.

When I was 15, I had an operation to have teeth that hadn't actually come through removed, as well as some reluctant milk teeth (had around 14 teeth out in total) I also had to go to the physio department for a bad back - only recently stopped.

When I was 16, I had to have some gum cut away as it was blocking the growth of a tooth.

Probably many more times I've forgotten too...
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:45
Regular
"¬_¬"
I've never been to a hospital because of my own injury before. Ever. Strange, huh?
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:36
Regular
"That's right!"
I had a lazy eye (I guess that's what you would call it) when I was young, so I had to have it checked every so often at the hospital. All I can remember is throwing a tantrum once because I couldn't read the charts with my left eye (the poop one) Hey, I was only about 5. I had to wear a patch on my right eye, which was cool. Actually, I can't even remember if that was a proper hospital, or a place just for eyes. Meh

Um, other than that, I've only been to hospital to visit people
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Hmm, plenty times but here are 3 times that I remember the most coz they were, I suppose, comical:

1) Playing football, ball came bouncing toward me and it was about waist height. I saw some of the opposition running toward the ball so I dove and headed the ball....... then came a big flying boot which smacked me in the face. Blood pouring down shirt. Scar over right eyebrow. Was quite cool.

2) Walking home from video shop one night. I was walking down one side of a road and my mate was on the other side. I didnt know he was there and he shouted me. I turned around, whilst still walking, and he started talking about something.... I continued to walk forward with my head tuned round speaking to him and then finished the convo. In one motion I started to run and turn my head back round. I ran straight into a lamp-post and got a massive egg thing on my head. That hurt.

3) Eating some toast when my dog came wagging its tail and drueling and everything. It automatically sat down and gave me its paw so I thought, "aww, it must be hungry or something" - and so, I ripped my toast in half and gave the dog some. It opened its mouth and snapped. It bit my finger and it was nasty. Could see the bone and stuff.

Cool huh.

:-)
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:31
Regular
I was born with a condition called Congential Adrenal Hypaplaysia(I have no adrenal glands) and had to spend the first month or so after i was born in intensive care.
For the next year or so I then had to go back every week for a check to to make sure I was alive and stuff and spend two hours waiting to get my hand X-Rayed(Easiest way to check I'm growing properly)
Over the next eighteen years I had to go back for a six month check up. I have also had I think four operations of which I am not gonna go into, because I don't remember and don't want to tell about it.
And now I have to go once every year for a check up to make sure my steroids aren't causing a third head to grow out of my shoulder.(or something)

When I was nine I was really ill and had to spend a week in Hospital on a drip. Had about six weeks off school after,which was nice.

There are loads more but I don't can't remember them all, Don't like Hospitals so I try to put visits to the back of my mind.

Well you did ask!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.