GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Resi Evil!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 20:04
Regular
Yes I picked it up today and played on it as soon as i could!

My first impressions are overall very good!

The graphics are amazing and excatly like the pictures show (although I need an RBG cable to make it perfect!

The controls are slightly difficult as the reviews have said and how the camera works can be frustrating!

I've got into the game but I can see there being quite alot to do yet!

So I think that you lot are definatly in for a treat tomorrow when you get it!

LOL

BIGMAN
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:38
Regular
"^_^"
I been playing resident evil since 1996 thats wen i was 9
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:36
Regular
Thanks, looks like i might have been on hard with chris then. It'd explain my absolute lameness.

Might have another go in a bit now.
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:29
Regular
"^_^"
I completed earlier today, with Jill on easy, in 9:29:31 (h:mm:ss) thats my time lol
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:28
Regular
"^_^"
answer 2 is easy mode and play as JILL she much much easier for a rookie
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:26
Regular
"^_^"
Ok
your health does not go up automatically, it will stay the sme unless you heal yourslelf or you get injured.

When you finnish the game the difficulty setting is in easy, medium or hard not a question

Both have the Same question, bt Jill's game is easier, alot easier. i can go into detail if you wish.

Defence items.

Tazer electricutes and then thats it. you need to find batteries. one battery is one kill/zap

with the dagger it will stab a Zombie in the head, the only way to retrieve that knife is to take off the head.

The sheild Emblem is not the armour key amblem on all of the doors. It is used later on in the game.

And when you see a Zombie run away. Do not kill it or it will come back to life (about 30-60 mins later) and run after you it takes three head shots from a shotgun to kill it off finally.

When I say it will RUN after you i mean run. Same speed sometimes faster than you. YEP FASTER THAN YOU. plus it will like to claw at the face and do a hell of alot more damage
Sun 15/09/02 at 00:16
Regular
Okay, resi clinic:

So those green herbs - they recover health then? And does it gradually recover automatically or anything?

The zombies - if you have to push them off you, they aren't dead (you know what i mean). If you shoot/stab them 'til they fall over, or use a defensive weapon on them, they are. Is that right?
And if you use the defensive face-knife thing, you can't pick it up from the zombie to use on the next one you find? It's gone for good?

Also, i got that shield emblem. That's not what the game means when it says 'armour emblem' is it?

morbo wrote:
> i cant find any ribbions to save with and at that i cant find any
> tipewriters to save on. i must be thick

Use the map, look for the big letters that say 'type writer', and try to work out where the big arrow points to on the map.
;^)

Have to say, it doesn't do much for me, resi. I find myself without any ammo and no hope of stopping a zombie from giving me a killer hickey with just the knife. Also, it seems vey much a question of trial and error as to which zombies to take on and which to run from / avoid. You die, go back to where you saved and try it differently.

I also don't like the way the game hasn't really made its rules clear. All the questions i put above are ones i'd expect either to be in the instruction booklet or clearly stated very early in the game.

Plus what's with that difficulty select question? It's not very clear is it? - Do you want the game to be a hike, instead of mountaineering (ie, pick hike for easy), or is it whether you find most games easy or difficult? I think i got that one wrong too, the first time i played i got my face chewed a couple of times by the first zombie (not knowing what was happening), then went to look out the front door, got bitten by a dog and that was it. Then again, it could have been 'easy' mode, and i just didn't have a clue what to do so was pretty hopeless and defenceless, then i've been going through on hard mode this time around - which would explain a couple of things...
Is hiking or mountaineering the right answer for easy mode? And is it a different question for jill?

Bah. Damn punks should make these things clear to ignorant rookies like me who don't know what's going on. Still, though we've got off to a bad start, i dare say i'll have another go.
Answers to the questions would be good though, especially confirming which is easy mode. If you don't mind picking through my whinging :^)
Thanks.
Sat 14/09/02 at 22:02
Regular
Ine-San wrote:

>
> Ine-San writes:
> I wish, even if you were going to say something as unintelligible as
> this, you could learn to spell before posting, it's bringing the
> credibility of us n00bs down even further than where we already are
> (which is somewhere lower than Billy Bass Singing Fish)

Ha ha this newbie rules.

Bill bass LOL
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Balls"
i cant find any ribbions to save with and at that i cant find any tipewriters to save on. i must be thick
Sat 14/09/02 at 21:01
Regular
"^_^"
Also YES the MANSION IS ALMOST TWICE AS BIG plus a NEW SHOTGUN. and if you want some very very usful advise ask for it. if not i will let you find out for yourselves
Sat 14/09/02 at 20:57
Regular
"^_^"
Right hold b during boot up and hey presto 60Hrz. Also I done it. Finnished with Jill on Easy in 9:29:31 (h:mm:ss)

The endings, well with Jill there is (i think)6 so there shud be about 12 in total

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.