GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got Resi Evil!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 20:04
Regular
Yes I picked it up today and played on it as soon as i could!

My first impressions are overall very good!

The graphics are amazing and excatly like the pictures show (although I need an RBG cable to make it perfect!

The controls are slightly difficult as the reviews have said and how the camera works can be frustrating!

I've got into the game but I can see there being quite alot to do yet!

So I think that you lot are definatly in for a treat tomorrow when you get it!

LOL

BIGMAN
Sat 14/09/02 at 15:05
Regular
"not dead"
I got it this morning.

Couldn't play on it with the children about though.

Whilst Malibu decided to take herself for a nap, and Georgia was sleeping I did get a chance to watch the intro movie, which looked great.

Then I had a little walk around. Tried control method 'c' which was cool. You use 'R' to walk, hold it down fully to run. But as I didn't get around to shooting anything before Malibu got up again, I didn't see much, or even save.
Sat 14/09/02 at 14:40
Regular
Problem I have with Resi Evil games are the crappy puzzles, are they still as crap and boring as they used to be?
Sat 14/09/02 at 14:38
Regular
I've not got very far - no matter how many times I've played it so far - keep finding dead ends and locked doors that require sword and armour emblems, whereas I can only find that emblem thing in the dining hall.

Anyway, I'm not asking for help, just giving an indication on how far I'm not :)

It's a bloody brilliant game though!
Sat 14/09/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I love burning the zombies! The sound it makes is so cool. So how far has everyone got in the game?
Sat 14/09/02 at 13:05
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
mess wrote:
> Another thing I found disconcerting was the way there's a slight pause
> when the GC has to load a new FMV background. Particularly in the
> cutscenes this stop-start effect was a little annoying.

I meant to mention this in my previous post. VERY annoying, it is.
Sat 14/09/02 at 12:34
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I got my copy yesterday and have been playing it for a little while (I got the lighter with Jill, if you know where i am) and I have to say its an excellent game, lots of fun, but not really scary. Its my first taste of the Resident Evil series and from what people have been saying over the years I was expecting to be terrified.

Another thing I found disconcerting was the way there's a slight pause when the GC has to load a new FMV background. Particularly in the cutscenes this stop-start effect was a little annoying.
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:19
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Stupid lazy fat posty finally turned up about 30mins ago and, low-and-behold, there it was - Resident Evil!

Tore the thing out of it's packaging, plonked it in the GC and booted the beast up!
First impressions? Well, I was slightly disappointed actually. The intro sequence, I'm pleased to say, has been made even more violent than the original, but once they entered the mansion, the first thing that struck me were the jaggies around the characters (and I'm using the official RGB lead). Still, this is probably because everything around the characters is super-smooth (pre-rendered, ofcourse) and you soon get used to it.
Although magazines have been saying how the voice acting is massively improved, I reckon it's certainly different to the original, but hardly any better. Still, I'm not bothered by it, really.
Controls do take a little while to get used to, and I'd forgotten just how cumbersome they really are! Oh well, that's Resident Evil for you!

It wasn't until I split up with Barry that the grin started to form on my face. Capcom have really put in a lot of effort to change/move the puzzles and there's so many rooms I've visited that I don't remember in the original. It really is like playing a whole new game (sort of).
And then there's the neat little touches, like the chandelier swinging that totally messes around with the shadows, and then there's the zombie on the either side of the walkway, and as he walks around to get you, it's as if his shadow is chasing you (hard to imagine, I know).

It just keeps getting better! :D
Sat 14/09/02 at 11:04
Regular
Uncle Albert wrote:
> I didn't mine yesterday either Cooky. Hopefully today... (damn my lazy
> postman, should be here by now!)

Ours hasn't come yet either :( I'm starting to get worried..
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:37
Regular
Got mine this morning. Won't get to play it for a bit yet though.
Sat 14/09/02 at 10:00
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I didn't mine yesterday either Cooky. Hopefully today... (damn my lazy postman, should be here by now!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.