GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If we DO lose Rare, will YOU buy an X-Box??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 15:07
Regular
Personally, if Rare announced today that all their future titles will be on X-Box, I wouldn't rush out and buy one tomorrow. For me, the X-Box really is very unappealing. I used to want Halo, but seeing as it's now coming out on PC, I'm not bothered about that. There are no games I want, I curse that 'controller' and it's just so damn ugly! (Those are all my own opinions, so no X-Box fanboys please).

I tells ya, Rare's games would have to be REALLY special for me to buy an X-Box, and even then, I'd wait till it's reduced to about £100.
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:59
"The Will of D."
Yeah, but don't you have to pay about £30 for a memory card when all else fails, that's a bit to much I say.
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:12
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Gridloch wrote:
> DreamWarBird wrote:
> I have contacts in many places and.....
> I have found a copy of the Contract!!!
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/gamecube/index.html
>
> Proper genuine!
>
> this link is quite funny. Everyone take a peek :D

At least one person saw it :-P
I do try
Thu 12/09/02 at 16:57
Regular
I was quite close to getting an Xbox anyway.

Although I still wouldn't have chosen the Xbox over the Gamecube, there are a fair few things the Xbox can do that the Gamecube can't.

The Xbox has a DVD player (for my NGC Gamecube demos! :-)), a hardrive (which is only a huge built in Mem card for the moment, but has bigger potential - especially when Xbox live kicks off...) and a huge online plan.

It can also Link up for 16 player games - something I wanted the Gamecube to do, something that Nintendo COULD have done, but refused out of princible.

Anyway, combine this with the fact a lot of my friends have Xbox's (good for linking up/swapping games) and the fact that the best develloper of the entire west has been bought out by MS, it's almost certain I'll get one.

Also, with MS cutting the price so rapidly, soon it'll be so low that we should ALL get one - even just for the Rare games!
People sometimes wondered why I wanted the XBox to fail...

Well something that results in ridiculous price cuts can only be a good thing! :-)
Fri 13/09/02 at 13:37
"Darkness, always"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> I have contacts in many places and.....
> I have found a copy of the Contract!!!
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/gamecube/index.html
>
> Proper genuine!

LOL!
Fri 13/09/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
No way!
I wouldn't buy a new console with VERY few appealing titles just because Rare - the men who saved the N64 (in a manner of speaking) were set to release all their future titles exclusively for the X-Box.

If it were Nintendo on the other-hand (VERY unlikely!!) then I would 'change sides'.

But if Rare do produce the same kind of quality we've seen from them in the past in real numbers on the X-Box, then I may be tempted to buy one one-day in the distant future.
Fri 13/09/02 at 17:36
Regular
will MS be too controlling? like not let them think for themselfs and make them make the sort of games MS want instead of the games they want to make, meaing they become unintrested and start making rubbish games?
Sat 14/09/02 at 13:33
Regular
n o spells no
Sat 14/09/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I would probably never buy an X-box. That controller is enough to slaughter any good game. Also without the franchises Nintendo hand to Rare (Starfox, Donkey Kong), will they be able to get enough money out of the X-box's market? No-one who buys an X-box would buy a Banjo-Kazooie game, because it's too 'kiddie'.
Sat 14/09/02 at 14:56
Regular
GnomeKiller wrote:
> No-one who buys an X-box would buy a Banjo-Kazooie game, because it's
> too 'kiddie'.

point well made.

PS2 and Xbox aim for the same sort of age/type group.
DVD add on, which is what it is add on, proved this as this would appeal to those type of people.
They dont use games as a lifestyle they put it in the group under "nice to have" e.g. DVD player. They do not count these as a part of life e.g tv and VCR like most people with a gamecube becuase the gamecube is all about the games.

Nintendo games wouldnt work on a console like ps2 and xbox as they are completely diffrent type of people they are reaching.

Very hard to explain what i mean but hopefully someone will understand.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:07
Regular
If they get Conker then yes because Conker is my most favourite game. But they make nothing else that I couldn't live without.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.