GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If we DO lose Rare, will YOU buy an X-Box??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/09/02 at 15:07
Regular
Personally, if Rare announced today that all their future titles will be on X-Box, I wouldn't rush out and buy one tomorrow. For me, the X-Box really is very unappealing. I used to want Halo, but seeing as it's now coming out on PC, I'm not bothered about that. There are no games I want, I curse that 'controller' and it's just so damn ugly! (Those are all my own opinions, so no X-Box fanboys please).

I tells ya, Rare's games would have to be REALLY special for me to buy an X-Box, and even then, I'd wait till it's reduced to about £100.
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:14
"For the horde!!!!"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> I have contacts in many places and.....
> I have found a copy of the Contract!!!
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/gamecube/index.html
>
> Proper genuine!

this link is quite funny. Everyone take a peek :D
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:21
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> I'm not so sure, if they released a Banjo Kazzoie exclusive I would
> probably be swayed to buying one, BK games were amongst my favourite
> games ever.

True, i'd just have ignore any news about a new Banjo game. Rare are stupid if the do move, games like Banjo and Kameo are never gonna be as succesful as they would on a Nintendo console. They're Nintendo style games, the rest of the gaming community puts the blinkers on all calls them childish.
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:26
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I won't believe it until I see it anyway, plus if this whole "Gamecube to be last console to be made by Nintendo" rumour is true (which it's not) then letting such a good game making company like Rare go would be a bit of a bad move no?

:)
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:29
Regular
"Unretired"
Rare are only good because they have nintendo backing them, im sure they would soon fail if MS bought them.........
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Who cares about Rare ? By the time they get any games ready for the X Box the console may well be obsolete anyway - they've given us Star Fox Adventures on the GC and very little else.

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:34
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Starlight wrote:
> I'm not so sure, if they released a Banjo Kazzoie exclusive I would
> probably be swayed to buying one, BK games were amongst my favourite
> games ever.
>
> True, i'd just have ignore any news about a new Banjo game. Rare are
> stupid if the do move, games like Banjo and Kameo are never gonna be
> as succesful as they would on a Nintendo console. They're Nintendo
> style games, the rest of the gaming community puts the blinkers on all
> calls them childish.

Good point.

X-Box owners are all PC GEEKS! All they like is poor FPS like Halo, and other 'rappy PC type games.

Rare's style just won't work on the console!

Can you imagine a cutsey platformer on the X-Box!?!

:)
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:39
"For the horde!!!!"
there is nothing wrong with the PC
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Gamecube all the way for me
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
Bought an Xbox with DOA3 when it went down to £160.

Great value considering you got a hardrive in it, so no need for a memory card. Also the DVD remote is pretty cool and has pretty much all the features of a normal DVD player.

Also rumours that MGS3 maybe a an Xbox exlcusive. MGS2 was a fave of mine on the PS2. And Halo 2 looks amazing...

And there is nothing wrong with the Xbox pad. I been button bashing with it for hours on Dead or alive 3 :D
Wed 11/09/02 at 19:59
Regular
I'm definately sticking to Nintendo all the way. The only Rare game I'm looking forward to at the moment is Starfox Adventures, which is still going to be released, and beyond that, I could manage pretty easily without Perfect Dark 2, or whatever else they want to make. When you compare it to Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil and all the other great GC games made by other parties, there's no reason at all for me to buy an X-Box. Unless Microsoft give them out free, of course, in which case I'll have 10, and sell 9 as budget accommodation.

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.