GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory Lane - What did or do you love about Nintendo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/05 at 20:01
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Just a short post from each who wish to air their views on Nintendo. Why are you such a fan? What is your favourite game and why? How did you become a Ninty fan? What is it that keeps you a loyal supporter? How do you feel about the direction Nintendo have been taking or are taking in the future?

Its just a bit of fun for those Ninty fans out there!
Fri 11/11/05 at 16:29
Regular
SSBM, Pokemon and the Conkers game.
Fri 11/11/05 at 15:55
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
N64 Fan wrote:
> Why are you such a fan?

For as long as I can remember, Nintendo have always made my favourite consoles. That's the plainand simple reason why I'm such a fan. I tried to deviate once, got a PS2, hated the crap out of it. And believe me, that's a lot to hate out of it!

> What is your favourite game and why?

That's a damn hard question to answer, but Perfect Dark just clinches it. GoldenEye was a damn good game, and even before GoldenEye, I knew Rare were good. Before the N64, my fave games were the donkey Kong series, and the reason I got GoldenEye was plainly because of the logo and the idea of playing as the Bond. Then Perfect Dark came along, and I just had t have it. The reviews and the whole run up to it made me so excited that I actually went into a shop to buy it ... one week early by mistake! and the thought of preordering whilst I'm there never occured to me. Also, that was one of the very few occasions when i went into a shop and didn't come out owith anything. I hate doing that, but at the time, if I had bought something, i wouldn't have been able to afford Perfect Dark the next week. and what a gem it was too when i got it! Even though i was only ... *thinks* 12 at the time.

> How did you become a Ninty fan?

For as long as I can remember, back to my very first consoles, Nintendo have always been my favourite. My brother was once jealous of his mates because they had a NES and he didn't have anything, so he got himself a SNES, whilst I got myself a megaDrive. I played the SNES a hell of a lot more, and was so upset when he sold it, but hey, it was his console.

> What is it that keeps you a loyal supporter?

I have tried to deviate from Nintendo before, and hated it. That's all.

> How do you feel about the direction Nintendo have been taking or are
> taking in the future?

I like the ideas they have behind their new technology, but I can't help thinking that it will also hinder the development of new, fun titles. Although, when I tried the PS2, I liked the games which featured the GCon2 (light gun), I do find traditional controllers more comfortable, if a little bit less fun. Even though Time Crisis 2 (my fave game on PS2) was very very short and basic, it was a good game. I had played it a few times without the gun, using the plain control pad, and it was much worse. So i think the new technology that Nintendo plan to use for gaming will make things fun, but only to an extent. Some games are simply made for a traditional controller. And I was never keen on the double screen/touch screen design of the DS, but I can't comment on it. I've never used it.

Nintendo's new ideas for gaming technology may be good though. i can't really comment any further on it because I've never tried them, but I would like to.

> Its just a bit of fun for those Ninty fans out there!

All I can say is, it doesn't matter what other people will say, no-ones gonna change my view on who's the best games company. Nintendo = the best ever, and even though their consoles aren't very high-spec compared to a lot of new ones, I couldn't care less. The games are fun. And even though graphics mean hardly anything to me gaming-wise, GC beats PS2's ass several times over in that field. FACT.
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Balls"
The NES was my first ever console... Mario bros 1, 2 & 3 are the only old school ones I can clearly remember.

Then came my SNES, Zelda a link to the past still one of my most favorite games of all time. Also the Donkey Kong country games, super Mario world, super Mario all stars, and Mario kart's pure class.

After that the PS ruled the next era, but I did get an N64 towards the end of its life, I know it was about a year before majora’s mask. Anyway with my late purchase came a chance to get the greats, like Zelda ocarina of time, super Mario 64 (some fool swapped it for my crappy laser pen), Mario kart and super smash bros.

Then the cube with classic titles such as melee, paper Mario 2, pikmin, Mario kart DD and others. The cube games on my shelf now out number the PS2 games; I just can't remember all of them.

Basically Nintendo have produced more classic tittles than any other, that’s why I like Nintendo, they have originality and great game play that most other games just don't have.
Fri 11/11/05 at 13:15
Regular
My first console experience was playing on a SNES round my cousins house. Games like Mario kart, super soccer, super tennis and street fighter got me hooked on the console and me and my brother got one for xmas!

Dont think i'll be buying thier next console though as it doesnt have pro evo on it!
Fri 11/11/05 at 11:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That was Rare

I like Nintendo because 99% of the time they make good games with brains, as opposed to everyone else making them either 10% or 1% of the time.
Fri 11/11/05 at 11:38
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> What is your favourite game and why?
>
> Paper Mario 2/Pikmin 2/Majora's Mask/Pokemon Yellow

I thought you were a Conker fan Dringo?
Fri 11/11/05 at 11:35
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
The game that got me hooked on N64 was Wave Race 64! I remember seeing the demo playing in the independent games shop in our town and the water effects just blew me away. It was soley those water effects that sealed my decision to buy an N64.

Still love to have a blast on Wave Race 64 even now!
Thu 10/11/05 at 22:07
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:
> Just a short post from each who wish to air their views on Nintendo.
> Why are you such a fan?

Games

What is your favourite game and why?

Paper Mario 2/Pikmin 2/Majora's Mask/Pokemon Yellow

Big, fun, clever and full of stuff to do.

How did
> you become a Ninty fan?

Through the Donkey Kong series.

What is it that keeps you a loyal supporter?

Games

> How do you feel about the direction Nintendo have been taking or are
> taking in the future?

Best thing yet.
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:53
"Don't shoot!"

Lots of stuff, really. What springs to mind the most are those 40 hour epics with virtually no storyline or speech but still managed to hook you into its world (Zelda, DK, Harvest Moon). Not as many these days *sniff*
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:05
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
+ Goldeneye or TWINE

Now thats multiplayer fun!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.