GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory Lane - What did or do you love about Nintendo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/05 at 20:01
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Just a short post from each who wish to air their views on Nintendo. Why are you such a fan? What is your favourite game and why? How did you become a Ninty fan? What is it that keeps you a loyal supporter? How do you feel about the direction Nintendo have been taking or are taking in the future?

Its just a bit of fun for those Ninty fans out there!
Sat 12/11/05 at 21:15
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
dk rap was the only good thing about donkey konga, braught back good memories.....
Sat 12/11/05 at 15:51
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
DK64 was amazing.

Loved the DK Rap at the beginning.
Sat 12/11/05 at 01:49
"& remove your pants"
Donkey Kong 64 was brilliant. I adored that game and it is one of the highlights of my video gaming.
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:10
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
The other game that had me hooked for hours and hours was Pilotwings 64. That still makes an appearance every now and then today for the canon multiplayer. Trying to shoot yourself into the target, screaming and yelling all the way along then hitting with that sickening thud! Classic stuff!

I remember I paid £59.99 for Pilotwings - were we all crazy?
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:05
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
I remember back in 1997 when Goldeneye was just about the most popular thing in the shops!

If you weren't playing Goldeneye you were dead!
Fri 11/11/05 at 22:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Everyone knows Goldeneye
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:57
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Yeh thats true! Nintendo games do have that about them. They make games that just draw you back time after time after time!

Goldeneye for example is just that sort of game. When mates are round it is inevitably Goldeneye which is played for the multiplayer. There's nothing like a good shoot em up with Mr Bond!

Excitebike 64 is another one of my favourites for 'pick up and play'.
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:47
Regular
I guess I respect Nintendo because they make memorable games, instead of the "throw away" types, i.e. games you play, but then forget about once you've finished.
Fri 11/11/05 at 21:32
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'll probably get bored of Conker's BFD eventually, but not yet. I'm not playing it at the minute though. Still working away at Metroid Prime.
Fri 11/11/05 at 18:25
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> What is your favourite game and why?
>
> Paper Mario 2/Pikmin 2/Majora's Mask/Pokemon Yellow
>
> I thought you were a Conker fan Dringo?

I am... but it doesn't stand the test of time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.