GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory Lane - What did or do you love about Nintendo?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/05 at 20:01
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Just a short post from each who wish to air their views on Nintendo. Why are you such a fan? What is your favourite game and why? How did you become a Ninty fan? What is it that keeps you a loyal supporter? How do you feel about the direction Nintendo have been taking or are taking in the future?

Its just a bit of fun for those Ninty fans out there!
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:58
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Twain wrote:
> What difficulty are you tackling the Skedar Leader on, because there
> is a trick which i use which makes it's so stupidly easy that it's
> funny!

*red faced* - the first level! (the easy one)!!!
I can get to the room and start blasting while his shield is lowered. He gets a good few smackers from my gun but then the 'babies' start attacking me from all sides. They get a good kicking and I carry on the battle with the leader, but before I know it and before i've had time to hit the tower behind him, he fires a rocket and i'm a goner!

5 years i've been stuck on this level and i'm tired of trying.

Maybe i'm just pants at Perfect Dark!! :-(
Mon 14/11/05 at 16:43
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
No sh Sherlock!

But before you can do that, you need to drain his shield, which is what the Phoenixes are for!
Mon 14/11/05 at 15:50
Regular
You don't need to shoot him the face, you nipple. You just shoot the pointy monument behind him until it falls down and spikes him through the head.

Simple!
Mon 14/11/05 at 15:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Rozza1001 wrote:
> getting the phoenixes?

erm, yeah. :$

Shoot the Skedar Leader just before he fires a rocket. The explosion from the Phoenix's explosive shells will instantly cause the rocket to explode in his face, instantly draining his shield.

When he summons other Skedar to nip at your heels or slap you, all you can really do is shoot them, with any gun.

And when he cloaks and fights you personally, just run round in circles around the edge.

If he does any of the last two, just keep him busy until he feels like testing the reaction between a rocket and an exploding Phoenix shell again.
Mon 14/11/05 at 15:05
Regular
Nintedo forums are all about reminiscing, because the current Nintendo suck harder than Donkey Konga.
Mon 14/11/05 at 14:59
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
getting the phoenixes?
Mon 14/11/05 at 13:24
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
What difficulty are you tackling the Skedar Leader on, because there is a trick which i use which makes it's so stupidly easy that it's funny!
Mon 14/11/05 at 12:31
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Yeh I know what you mean.

I havent finished Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark, just cannot get past the Skedar ruins level. I just cannot beat the Skedar leader. I know what I have to do I just cant do it without getting myself blown to pieces!

Still got to complete TWINE too. Along with Excitebike 64, that game just gets too hard! And Jeeesh the hill climb is nigh on impossible!

The N64 lives on - well in this house anyway!
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
N64 Fan wrote:
> Twain wrote:
> Of course it is. I just didn't like it. Dunno. I think it just
> seemed
> childish. Also, the sounds were very irritating and I got bored of
> it
> too quick to actually finish it.
>
> Then get back to it, discover it's true brilliance and try (if you
> can stomach the annoying noises and voices) to get to the end.
>
> It is such a great game.

when i finish Metroid Prime, if I don't get any more GC games for Christmas, then I hope to go back to my N64 and finish the many games that i didn't, which include:
- PD. Finished on Agent, halfway through Special Agent, only done 4 levels on Perfect Agent
- GoldenEye. Completed Agent and Secret Agent, but haven't unlocked Egyptian yet.
- TWINE, just gotta finish Meltdown.
- Duke Nukem Zero Hour, been stuck on a level where you have to kill a giant brain in a vat for years.
- Forsaken, still gotta do several levels on all difficulties, but I don't know how many levels are on each pathway

I bet there are more games I haven't done, but they're all ican currently remember. Quite a bit to do!
Sun 13/11/05 at 22:08
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Two words - Mario Kart

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.