GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Freeloader/Action Replay forum"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/09/02 at 14:00
Regular
This is the place to chat about the freeloader and action replay for the gamecube.

Has anyone got any new info on these products such as WHEN THEY ARE RELEASED? Ive looked on several sites, some saying Friday 13th, some 20th and some the 27th, anyone got any official date???
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:39
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
ive just looked on amazon and it says the action replay has been released and is available to buy???
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:29
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
edgy wrote
"Would they type up a whole FAQ about the products if that was the case? "

You failed to mention datel wrote the FAQ only recently, obviously meaning they have had quite a lot of complaints.

Also it is obvious that datel can see that websites are giving out release dates, and are making their situation worse by not contacting them and correcting them. They should make an announcement to officially announce what is going on.
Sat 14/09/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Unretired"
And the GC + GBA magasine called G-force which comes with a free DVD have parterships with Datel (So every page has a advert for some Datel Product, and the DVD is full of Action Replay features.)

But theres a good chance you will win one, they give away tonnes each month!
Sat 14/09/02 at 09:35
Regular
"Unretired"
Action Replay = All sonic a2:b Emblems = Old Skool Level

Action Replay = Import Games = Animal Crossing
Fri 13/09/02 at 23:35
Thats why he is the King.
Fri 13/09/02 at 23:27
Regular
First of all, as Microchips pointed out, I've been trying to help by getting all the information I can out of the top guys at Datel (not some temporary staff member on the phone).

Puddleface wrote:
> I remember looking on cube-europe.com and it said around mid August
> that Datel had officially contacted them saying "As of next week
> the freeloader will be released". Now considering this was a
> promise, I decided to pre-order super mario sunshine with the safe
> knowledge that i could play it a week later.

They copied the official release date off the Codejunkies website, which just said 'early august'. As for communicating with Datel, if that's what Cube-Europe think they were doing when they went to codejunkies.com, then that's up to them. Datel had not contacted any retailers in reguards to an actual release date at this time.

>
> After hearing the enevitable news that the freeloader was to be
> delayed again, i decided to cancel my order for mario sunshine. I
> emailed goblindirect to cancel the order. However to my complete and
> utter surprise i received the stupid game through the post 2 weeks
> later (i blame goblindirect of course for not actually cancelling my
> order---very suspicious).

You should've told them you never recieved the game and are still awaiting your money back :)

I am absolutely disgusted with datel in
> that they were giving out false information to retailers about the
> freeloaders release date.

They didn't give out false information. They thought they would be ready by then, but due to snags in the programming, they couldn't justifiably release the discs at that time.

Not only do i own a useless US copy of
> Mario Sunshine now, i will probably have to wait until after the PAL
> version is released to play it. Thats £50 down the drain, and
> im sure many others are dissapointed aswel.

As was advised on www.codejunkies.com, you should have waited for the website to announce "Now shipping" on the homepage before ordering import titles, instead of relying on third party false information.

>
> I respect that datel are giving us the opportunity to play import
> games, but do they respect us and give us valuble, reliable
> information on their products??? - NO!

Would they type up a whole FAQ about the products if that was the case?

They cant even show
> responsibility by contacting retailers that their release dates are
> wrong.

They didn't give out release dates in the first place.

> I sent datel an email about a month ago about the freeloader, and i
> havnt had a reply. I sent another about 2 weeks ago, only to receive
> nothing yet again. Do they realise how frustrated and annoyed their
> customers are getting?, Im sure they will have lost a lot of respect
> for their products for now onwards.
>

Forward me the email and I'll pass it on to someone a little higher up the chain. I can't promise a reply, as I'm sure Datel are getting many emails like this at the moment, but you never know... (if there's any personal information included, I leave it up to you to decide whether to send it through me or not) ([email protected] - I'm changing email addresses either tomorrow or Sunday so get it done quick or send it to my hotmail account)

> Also about Datel saying they want their products to be 100 percent
> perfect. Then why does my Action replay 2 for the PS2 decide to work
> when it wants to. And it crashes now and then also, Talk about
> reliable, especially for £20, what a rip off.

It could be a faulty product - that can happen with any products...
>
> And as for edgy, if u think u know everything, then why dont u show us
> what u know,eh??

I don't know everything, but I do know more than the average joe when it comes to Datel. After all, who said, way before June 20th, that that wouldn't be the release date of the freeloader? Me. Who believed me? No one. Ha!
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:49
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Puddleface wrote:
> And as for edgy, if u think u know everything, then why dont u show us
> what u know,eh???

Why is everyone against Edgy at the moment? Shut up, stand back and look at the situation. if you actually do bother to look, you will realise that Edgy is trying to hel pyou with the release date information, and all you do it have a go at him. What part of "He knows people at the top of Datel" don't you understand, eh?

:P
Fri 13/09/02 at 21:46
Regular
As far as I know, the Freeloader and Action Replay can both play US/Jap import games, but what differences are there between the two, and which is better?
Fri 13/09/02 at 02:47
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
i am making a friday the 13th post in FOGchat and i made a good story just a while ago

plaese read you
Fri 13/09/02 at 02:40
Regular
I'm not sure datel were behind those particular rumours, but i do think it was pretty irresponsible to have put out such inaccurate estimated release dates (june?). Perhaps they did have good reason to predict them as they did, and the magnitude of the delays was an unpredictable misfortune, but it seems more likely that they were just carelessly getting ahead of themselves.

While they of course have no legal responsibility for people pre-ordering games before an official release date was made available (not directed at pf's situation), when they suggest a release date 3 months before it actually ships, given the nature of the market, i think they have some moral responsibility to those who relied upon their monumental miscalculation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.