GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Freeloader/Action Replay forum"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/09/02 at 14:00
Regular
This is the place to chat about the freeloader and action replay for the gamecube.

Has anyone got any new info on these products such as WHEN THEY ARE RELEASED? Ive looked on several sites, some saying Friday 13th, some 20th and some the 27th, anyone got any official date???
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:48
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

>
> So do I, but I'm considering a Freeloader/Action Replay for games such
> as Animal Crossing which won't be released over here.

Yeah I know, my brother didn't want one but he's going to get it just for Animal Crossing.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:42
Regular
Fina wrote:
> And I don't want a freeloader because I don't want to import games, I'm
> more than happy to just wait for the PAL release.

So do I, but I'm considering a Freeloader/Action Replay for games such as Animal Crossing which won't be released over here.
Sat 14/09/02 at 18:39
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> The Freeloader is just a disc that allows play of import games from
> any region of the world.
>
> The Action Replay does the same as the Freeloader, but is also a cheat
> disc/game enhancer.

So you'd reccomend the Action Replay?
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:14
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Fina wrote:
> There is no diffference, except the jap games will be in.....wait
> for
> it.....Japanese! ^_^;
>
> On both of them?
>
> What extra features do the two have, and which would you guys
> recommend?

I don't recommend either.

Action Replay is a cheat cartridge, and I don't want to cheat in games. And I don't want a freeloader because I don't want to import games, I'm more than happy to just wait for the PAL release.

Action Replay can do everything the freeloader can do, plus the cheats.

^_^
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:08
Regular
The Freeloader is just a disc that allows play of import games from any region of the world.

The Action Replay does the same as the Freeloader, but is also a cheat disc/game enhancer.
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:04
Regular
AH! I see the confusion. I meant:

"What's the difference between the Action Replay and the Freeloader, and which is better?"

NOT:

"What's the difference between US and Jap imports"

I got a bit confused there.... So can anyone answer the first, proper question?
Sat 14/09/02 at 17:02
Regular
Fina wrote:
> There is no diffference, except the jap games will be in.....wait for
> it.....Japanese! ^_^;

On both of them?

What extra features do the two have, and which would you guys recommend?
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:56
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> In the midst of all this arguing and frustration (which I think is
> unjustified as Edgy is merely trying to help and Datel are trying to
> produce the best product possible) everyone's seemed to overlook my
> question, and I quote:
>
> "As far as I know, the Freeloader and Action Replay can both play
> US/Jap import games, but what differences are there between the two,
> and which is better?"
>
> That's my question. Can anyone help?

There is no diffference, except the jap games will be in.....wait for it.....Japanese! ^_^;
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:53
Regular
The only differences would be the coding and the languages.

I didn't think that there was a problem playing Japanese games on a US GameCube anyway...

It would obviously be better buying American versions compared to Japanese as you can actually understand what's going on (unless you speak Japanese...)

Sure, the FAQ was recently put up on the website - but that's what happens with FAQs. They're the 'Frequesntly Asked Questions'. If they put it much earlier, then would it be an FAQ?

If you've got a problem with Datel, then that's your problem, not mine and not Datel's. They're a major company that develop cheat cartridges for the UK and US and have a massive customer base, so one or two moaners isn't going to make much of a difference to them.

If you want to moan, I suggest you do so to Datel and not me. I'm just putting up information I know and laughing at you for getting Super Mario Sunshine before the Freeloader was actually released.

Just wait patiently - everyone else has to, so why should it be any different for you?
Sat 14/09/02 at 16:44
Regular
In the midst of all this arguing and frustration (which I think is unjustified as Edgy is merely trying to help and Datel are trying to produce the best product possible) everyone's seemed to overlook my question, and I quote:

"As far as I know, the Freeloader and Action Replay can both play US/Jap import games, but what differences are there between the two, and which is better?"

That's my question. Can anyone help?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.