GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game survey taken in USA, Xbox is Fave"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 20:28
Regular
Taken from www.officialxboxmagazine.co.uk: -

"The results of the largest survey of gamers this year has revealed that Xbox is the top console of choice this Christmas.

Over 12,000 US gamers were asked, "What console do you plan to buy in the coming year?" and 39 percent answered Xbox! 27 percent answered PlayStation 2, and 17 percent plan to pick up a GameCube.

The study also showed that game demos are the most influence over game purchase decisions. When asked "Which of these items highly influence your game purchase decisions?" nearly 8 out of 10 respondents (78%) ranked game demos the number 1 factor, far ahead of the number 2 response: game reviews (47%). Both television commercials (35%) and magazine ads (31%) trailed furthest behind as drivers."

Not bad eh?
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:22
Regular
I don't know where you get the idea of me having so few friends, where did you get this from? LOL, I have a lot of friends but they are into other things, they don't like gaming and I appreaciate that, they are more into causing trouble which I stopped and no longer wanted to be a part of, but they also respected why I didn't want to anymore!

Amped has no tricks, LOL! I think YH is having a laugh with you, the whole game is about tricks and performing to get sponsors, the game is far from straight snow-boarding, it doesn't even have any races!

To be honest I don't know why I am having this conversation, you don't want Xbox games and I do, lets just leave it at that shall we before I waste anymore time trying to explain to you what to get, you didn't even know what Amped was about so how am I meant to explain to you about other top Xbox titles. I have got a good idea Wookie, sell your Xbox! I think that way you will be happy and I won't be sat here trying to help someone who doesn't like me and who has no interest in my posts.
Sat 31/08/02 at 23:12
"High polygon count"
garbe123 wrote:
> You are telling me to stop being fussy yet a lot of launch titles I
> said you just said no!

True, but that's because I didn't like the types of games - not because they were poor. Though as I said, they weren't AAA titles.

Halo, PGR, Munch's and Max Payne I have. Halo got boring, as did PGR. Munch's is Xbox's best game, and Max Payne was good but far too short for the type of game it is.

DoA3 I had, but its no different from DoA2. I haven't bothered with RalliSport because I'm waiting for Colin McRae 3. Amped is straight snowboarding, no tricks - so YH told me - so I've no interest, as I got bored of SSX which has far more to do. JSRF doesn't interest me in the slightest, nor does Gun Valkyrie after playing the demo. Moto GP I had on PS2 and traded in - yes, I know it's not the SAME game, but it might as well be.

Buffy I'm dubious about, but keeping an eye on. I played the PS2 demo of Conflict Desert Storm and it doesn't interest me, and I doubt I'll be picking up Turok on any platform either.

> and MGS2 is coming to the Xbox with improved graphics and other extras.

As I said already, that is not the case. I won't repeat it again.

> The PS2 is definatley the worst console I have ever owned and instead of doing
> what other sheep did

No wonder you have so few friends, insulting people like that.

> If you call HALO a 3rd rate launch title then I can't imagine what your
> 1st rate ones are.

And now you're putting words in my mouth. I did not, and never have, said that Halo is a 3rd-rate game.
Sat 31/08/02 at 22:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Only a few will be porting to a PC, including Halo which is being made
> by a different developer......

And by the time PC owners are enjoying Halo, we'll be enjoying Halo 2. ;-)
Sat 31/08/02 at 21:24
Regular
I am glad you said that Nomad, Whitestripes doesn't believe what I say and after all it isn't on the GameCube so it must be rubbish... :)
Sat 31/08/02 at 21:13
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> There was a topic a while ago about a preview of Buffy from an X-box
> magazine. They said it was dull and repitive.

Buffy has received excellent reviews across the board. I've yet to read a negative review - be it in a mag or on the net.
It's surprising. It surprised me. But it's a good game (apparently).
Sat 31/08/02 at 20:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have a PC and a GC. GC for Nintendo, PC for RTS/Management, and the occassional FPS. GC for all the rest, including grahpics.
Sat 31/08/02 at 20:50
Regular
With a games console you don't need to update drivers, Change Graphics Cards, Update processor - all you need to do is put in a game and go with a console.

Only a few will be porting to a PC, including Halo which is being made by a different developer......

I'd rather play games with a control pad rather than a mouse and keyboard.
Sat 31/08/02 at 20:49
Regular
I don't get choppiness or anything like that.

I prefer mouse and keyboard for FPS

There was a topic a while ago about a preview of Buffy from an X-box magazine. They said it was dull and repitive.
Sat 31/08/02 at 20:21
Regular
How do you know Buffy won't be any good? Reviews have rated it between 80-90% so how do you know otherwise? You get them on PC that is a good choice, I just wish mine was powerful enough to run them! The pad is better though for me on FPS games and if you want to wait 1 and a half years later then you go for it, but personally I would rather play it on a console, smooth graphics, no updated systems, no complications and no choppyness! But if you want otherwise then good for you.
Sat 31/08/02 at 20:14
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Hang on, you said the PS2 had no decent games, then you said your
> buying Buffy..

Yes but Buffy is an X-Box exclusive as far as I have heard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.