GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To Buy or Not To Buy?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 21:35
Regular
Me I am a PS2 owner, and for Christmas or earlier i would like to get a new console, either the xbox or the GCN.

Ive done research on the Xbox, it sounds good, but can you GCN fans persuade me into getting a Nitendo Gamecube? What has it got that is better than the Xbox? Why is it worth getting? Will my gaming needs be satisifed with this console?

One thing I like about this is that Freeloader allows you to play games without chiiping the console, which is good for cheap imports.

Please Help!!
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:17
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> The GameCube. Is there anything it can't do?

Play dvds.
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:14
Regular
The GameCube. Is there anything it can't do?
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Festivus!"
Halo 2 is cming out crmbo 2003 and they are planning X-Box 2 for 2006.
Sat 07/09/02 at 13:08
Regular
"eat me"
u hsould get a cube they will last much longer than the xbox they have more quality games gaming out before and after christmas, the x box will be like the dream cast (crash and burn) it will last about 7 monthes (just because of halo) then die becuase it is too expensive and can house a large family of porgs
Sat 07/09/02 at 12:19
Regular
"Festivus!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Also, I read a comparisons table the other day, and it proved the
> GameCube was more powerful than the X-Box! Apparently the GameCube has
> a different kind of processor, and is about 800Mhz, next to the
> X-Box's 733Mhz. On top of better polygon counts and the fact it's the
> only console capable of special effects, you can be sure you're buying
> the right one.

Cool! I don't know anyone who owns an X-Box near me, or anyone planning to buy one. the GameCube shall rule supreme. You ARE buying the correct one mat!
Fri 06/09/02 at 22:58
Regular
Also, I read a comparisons table the other day, and it proved the GameCube was more powerful than the X-Box! Apparently the GameCube has a different kind of processor, and is about 800Mhz, next to the X-Box's 733Mhz. On top of better polygon counts and the fact it's the only console capable of special effects, you can be sure you're buying the right one.
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
Demom discs? someone explain!
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Cool, that should be good then!
Thu 05/09/02 at 19:38
Regular
Actually, they are. It's already happened in Japan so it's very likely it'll happen over here.
Thu 05/09/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Hmm,Resurection in banned.

Finally me is back, me phone line was dead for 2 days. BT engineer fixed the line today.

Anything interesting happened over these two days?

Oh yeah I dont really think Nintendo are getting Demom Disks, I emailed them they said in the short term the discussions they've had with magazines, say no, but maybe in the future sometime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.