GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To Buy or Not To Buy?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 21:35
Regular
Me I am a PS2 owner, and for Christmas or earlier i would like to get a new console, either the xbox or the GCN.

Ive done research on the Xbox, it sounds good, but can you GCN fans persuade me into getting a Nitendo Gamecube? What has it got that is better than the Xbox? Why is it worth getting? Will my gaming needs be satisifed with this console?

One thing I like about this is that Freeloader allows you to play games without chiiping the console, which is good for cheap imports.

Please Help!!
Wed 11/09/02 at 20:17
Regular
I've got Super Smash Bros. Melee, Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader and Super Monkey Ball. Three great games.
Wed 11/09/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Cool, Cool, I would love to have all 3 consoles, well 4 including Dreamcast as that has got some good games on it. But I will buy either the xbox or cube sometime during october in me holiday.
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
You have to buy a Cube, it has the most original and unique games on any console. Mario Sunshine, Star Fox Adventures, Super monkey ball 1 and 2, Resident Evil, Super Smash Bros Melee, the list goes on and on. The ps2 is good i have to admit but for good games to come out nearly every month you'll get your money's worth. Nintendo are the leading games developers as they focus on the games and not the add on's of a machine, you want to buy the best Game console then get the Gamecube. Hope that helps :)
Tue 10/09/02 at 19:42
Regular
da_1_n_only wrote:
> NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> The GameCube. Is there anything it can't do?
>
> Play dvds.
>
> Yes it can play DVD's, but you'll need to buy the Panasonic Cube, it
> costs alot more than the normal cube, but looks fab!

I was only joking.
I was expecting someone to come out with an out burst of "dvds dont matter"

I didnt realise we were on about the Q cube.
Tue 10/09/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
We all wish we had a Panacube dont we? But I think the normal Gamecube looks far better than the Pana one, the Pana one is more cubier, more larger. The platinum version of the cube, and the jet colour look cool. But the Pana Cube has the extra features.

How many games do you cube owners have on your cube?? and what other Ninty product do you have/own?
Sat 07/09/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Festivus!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Yeah, it can also do a lot more! It comes with a plasma screen, a hard
> drive, dvd and cd playback, the ability to connect to the net and
> download music and add-ons, and more. £299.99 though.

*wishes he'd have got a PanaCube
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:24
Regular
Yeah, it can also do a lot more! It comes with a plasma screen, a hard drive, dvd and cd playback, the ability to connect to the net and download music and add-ons, and more. £299.99 though.
Sat 07/09/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
>
> Play dvds.

Yes it can play DVD's, but you'll need to buy the Panasonic Cube, it costs alot more than the normal cube, but looks fab!
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:16
"For the horde!!!!"
Gridloch wrote:
>
> i can't iron my shirt :P

whoops i meant it can't iron my shirt LMAO
Sat 07/09/02 at 15:15
"For the horde!!!!"
Maverick42 wrote:

i can't iron my shirt :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.