GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roy Keane - any future?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/08/02 at 22:30
Regular
No doubt Man U fans will rush to his defence, but in all seriousness, does he have a future in football? More to the point, SHOULD he have a future in football?

After disgracing himself in the debacle with the Republic of Ireland at the World Cup, he now admits in his book that the 'challenge' on Alf Inge Haaland was in fact premeditated - in other words, a deliberate assault.

He was sent off and banned for three games at the time, and now faces another FA disrepute charge. To be honest, I don't think a disrepute charge is enough - unless any related fine is massive, and any additional ban is substantially more than three games.

This is an interesting test for the FA. Will they dare impose a second ban for the same offence, now that they know it was a deliberate assault? Having recently fined Arsenal £50,000 for their "disciplinary problems" last season, surely an admission of a deliberate assault on a fellow professional warrants at least an equal amount? And probably a lengthy suspension too?

Haaland has played just one full game since the incident; his career has been on hold at best, and at worst could be over. I hope that he decides to press formal assault charges. Whehter you like Keane or not, there is surely no defence whatsoever for these actions.

This admission surely also diminishes his standing among his fellow professionals. Personally I have always believed that he is quite simply a nasty piece of work - now he's proved it.

There are two certainties arising from this admission:

1. Keane is a bigger idiot than even I gave him credit for. Committing the offence was bad enough; admitting it publicly is utterly moronic.

2. This season's derby matches between United and City will certainly be worth watching.
Wed 14/08/02 at 00:55
"High polygon count"
Your tagline is offensive to village idiots everywhere.
Wed 14/08/02 at 00:56
Regular
Keane was also annoyed with Haaland for the initial incident when he was a Leeds Player becasue Haaland accused him of faking the injury while he was lying in agony on the floor.

This is somthin McCarthy has also accused Keane of.
Wed 14/08/02 at 01:09
Regular
".......on the attac"
Ortega, your tag line is spot on..... BTW, that thing you said about wearing the flag of whichever team beat England around college, your college must have been full of soft lads. I would've knocked you out on sight for being such an attention seeking wierdo.....

As for Keane, this man has no dignity whatsoever. Ferguson just uses him to vent his anger and Keane is so thick he goes along with it. Kind of reminds me of Burns and Smithers.....

Neither Man United or the Premiership itself would be at a loss if Roy Keane disappeared for ever. A complete idiot if ever there was one.....
Wed 14/08/02 at 01:16
Regular
".......on the attac"
I've just seen the footage of Keane's tackle. I am lost for words.

How can a professional footballer justify a tackle like that?
Wed 14/08/02 at 01:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Bën wrote:
> I've just seen the footage of Keane's tackle. I am lost for words.
>
> How can a professional footballer justify a tackle like that?

I have seen a lot worse. I'm just surprised he said he meant it. Maybe all this is just to advertise the book more so it sells well, he could easliy pay a fine with his wages, a ban would be worse but how long?

I'm surprised that so many obvious tackles where there is intent to cause injury go unpunished other than the action the ref takes. Just think of the career ending incident that happened to Dave Bust, a bad tackle these days can end a career easily.
Wed 14/08/02 at 01:29
Regular
Bën wrote:
I would've knocked you out
> on sight for being such an attention seeking wierdo.....

You could have tried...
Wed 14/08/02 at 01:44
"High polygon count"
†-Riquelme-† wrote:
> But end of the day, Keane got the tw@t that that was involved in the
> incident that won Arsenal the League in 1998.

Ah, another from the Alex Ferguson School of Bias that believes no-one actually wins because they're better than Man U, but because Man U "let them".

Apart from that:

1. Are you honestly and seriously saying that a verbal accusation of feigning injury is justification for a deliberate physical assault/career-threatening tackle? If so, you're as big a moron as Keane. In fact, your comment about the Gerrard/Vieira incident pretty much proves that anyway.

2. Whether Keane was feigning injury or not, I still seem to remember that it resulted from his own attempt to injure an opponent. If I am right, then he has no reason to hold a grudge against Haaland anyway. Which makes him an even bigger moron.

> Ye, Arsenal were good that year, but before Keane got injured we were
> cruising in the league and some bookies even stopped taking bets on
> United winning it.

More fool them, and United, for being so c***-sure of things.

AliBoy - I agree with you that it is the passion which makes players great, at least in the case of Cantona and Vieira. Keane, however, is different - at least in my opinion. He has passion, but he cannot control it. He is a very average player in terms of skill, but he is tireless and never gives up. He is strong in the tackle, but due to his lack of self control, tends to rely on overt aggression and intimidation of opponents.

Most playground bullies grow out of it in later life, but Keane doesn't seem to have managed to. He's finding that many people won't tolerate it, and he doesn't like it. At least that's the impression I get.

Which is why I believe Vieira is a far superior player. He has the aggression, but has learned to control it. He also has immense skill on the ball, and can use that rather than a knee-high challenge to overcome opponents and emerge with the ball.

And I hope to God he never does, but if he ever did intend to cause someone injury on the pitch, he'd be far to smart to publicly admit it!
Wed 14/08/02 at 01:57
Regular
I agree.
Wed 14/08/02 at 03:42
Regular
Bën wrote:
BTW, that thing you said about
> wearing the flag of whichever team beat England around college, your
> college must have been full of soft lads.

That wasnt in College. That was in school 5 years ago. I grew out of doing that and just annoy people on here these days...

In college I just used to rotate my 5 Argentina shirts.
Wed 14/08/02 at 13:28
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Shocktrooper wrote:
> I'm an Arsenal fan, and very loyal, too.
>
> In that case, you could at least spell Vieira's name right! :-)

:-D
I've learnt now, so ner.

Vieira.
Vieira.
V iei ra.

There, it should be firmly embedded in memory now, so I'll never forget Viera's name!

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.