GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roy Keane - any future?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/08/02 at 22:30
Regular
No doubt Man U fans will rush to his defence, but in all seriousness, does he have a future in football? More to the point, SHOULD he have a future in football?

After disgracing himself in the debacle with the Republic of Ireland at the World Cup, he now admits in his book that the 'challenge' on Alf Inge Haaland was in fact premeditated - in other words, a deliberate assault.

He was sent off and banned for three games at the time, and now faces another FA disrepute charge. To be honest, I don't think a disrepute charge is enough - unless any related fine is massive, and any additional ban is substantially more than three games.

This is an interesting test for the FA. Will they dare impose a second ban for the same offence, now that they know it was a deliberate assault? Having recently fined Arsenal £50,000 for their "disciplinary problems" last season, surely an admission of a deliberate assault on a fellow professional warrants at least an equal amount? And probably a lengthy suspension too?

Haaland has played just one full game since the incident; his career has been on hold at best, and at worst could be over. I hope that he decides to press formal assault charges. Whehter you like Keane or not, there is surely no defence whatsoever for these actions.

This admission surely also diminishes his standing among his fellow professionals. Personally I have always believed that he is quite simply a nasty piece of work - now he's proved it.

There are two certainties arising from this admission:

1. Keane is a bigger idiot than even I gave him credit for. Committing the offence was bad enough; admitting it publicly is utterly moronic.

2. This season's derby matches between United and City will certainly be worth watching.
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:29
"High polygon count"
From http://www.thisislondon.com/ dynamic/sport/reprint.html?in_review_id=701882

(Remove space)

"The Cork-born player is expected to base his defence on the observation that ghost-writer Eamonn Dunphy incorrectly paraphrased his comments over the horrendous tackle which floored Manchester City's Haaland in April last year."

So he didn't read his own book before it went to the publishers? Considering the legalities involved, you're think he'd have made time to make sure he was happy with sections such as this.

Pull the other one, Keano - it's got bells on!
Sat 21/09/02 at 01:37
Regular
Fergie said the Man Utd Laywers looked at the book before it was published, and that Roy had nothing to worry about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.