GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cooling off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 18:50
Regular
I'm fed up with the really noisy fans in my PC - they're driving me insane. I've had a look at a Water Cooling Kit available from Maplins, with the following equipment:

2 x Waterblocks
1 x thermal paste
9ft of ¼" silicon tubing
1 x Fill jug
4 x Different Mounting Clips
1 x Slot 1/A adaptor
3 x Slot and Socket hold down devices
1 x P4 device
1 x 12v Pump/Res
1 x Box full of hose clamps/screws.

I have no idea what this means for the welfare of my PC once installed, but I need to know, for those who've used or know more about water cooling, if the water tank/reservoir required is relatively small (ie. fits into a small room), and where the coolers will be installed ie. on the CPU, GPU, but is there a need for anywhere else?

I'm asking this as the two additional fans I have on the case produce the loudest noise, and I want to get rid of these as well.

Finally, a thing about Peltier devices - I've heard about it can channel heat so that it's very hot on one side, and cool on the other - where does this heat go without boiling the PC - would a water cooler be a good thing to use next to the Peltier device?

I hope someone can help.
Mon 26/08/02 at 21:40
Hello again everyone - I've just installed the Flower Cooler onto my CPU after ripping off the fan and heatsink, and installing the quieter fan on top of the "pretty" design. Despite being a large thing, I managed to keep the cables and wires away and booted up the PC... and guess what?

There's no difference in the noise.

Next stop... changing the PSU.
Mon 26/08/02 at 20:39
Regular
I still think water cooling is a good thing to do i wish i hadnt got rid of my kit, as long as your not stupid then everything will work fine.

c.b.
Mon 26/08/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hehe, no I don't.

What do you think your average fish's chances are against a 3000rpm fan?
Mon 26/08/02 at 02:59
Regular
"How Handy."
Dont you mean fins?
Mon 26/08/02 at 02:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Hehe. Fans.
Mon 26/08/02 at 02:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Mon 26/08/02 at 01:53
Regular
"How Handy."
I've always wanted to do that, but I think I'd electrocute the fish..
Mon 26/08/02 at 01:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
If you made sure your water was 100% pure you'd have no problems.

Anyone seen the pic of that computer in a fishtank filled with a non-conductive liquid?
Sun 25/08/02 at 23:07
Regular
"How Handy."
Stupid boy..
Sun 25/08/02 at 01:49
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
DeltaJava wrote:
> So what is the loudest part of the PC that will "drown" out
> the rest of the noise?

Speakers :o)

Damnit people, fan annoying you, play some damned Mp3's...

Im a simple man.

As we see...

Noise.

I need to block noise.

Music. Or water cooling.

Music. ;o) Its free.

If you still want water cooling then I just dont have any idea with anything. Throw water on it, that'll cool it down :o)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.