GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How did you get your name?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/05/06 at 11:25
Regular
Your username, how did you end up with it? 'Machie' is a nickname my girlfriend gave me, my real name is Mark. Previous names I've used on SR/Freeola have usually been after anime series or characters (Fooly Cooly, Ranma, etc). So yeah not very interesting at all, but I'm sure some of you have some interesting stories about how you got your name.
Mon 05/06/06 at 00:14
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Chr1s wrote:
> I picked mine because my name is Chris and I have a lack of
> imagination.

Likewise, my second name is grieve.
Sun 04/06/06 at 21:54
Regular
"es argh"
I had to think of one on the spot.

Although I may of had Goatboy in mind at the time, can't remember.
Sun 04/06/06 at 20:00
Regular
"lets go back"
I got mine as a nickname from some wierd lad in school. Thats the short version anyway.
Wed 31/05/06 at 09:13
Regular
"..."
Mine speaks for itself.
Tue 30/05/06 at 22:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I picked mine because my name is Chris and I have a lack of imagination.
Mon 29/05/06 at 15:14
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Umm... mind was a disparing cry, in the wee hours of the morning, while working thoughout the night to get a project done from start to finish for hand in the next day at uni.
Mon 29/05/06 at 13:40
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Timmy from South Park says his name like " TIMMARGH!! ". His name's Tim, my name's Tim. He's a crip, I'm a crip. Ipsofacto, ego, QED, sphincter.
Mon 29/05/06 at 02:34
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Grandprix is 'Grand' and 'Prix' put together into one word. Formula 1 is also my main interest so I picked something from that area.
Sun 28/05/06 at 22:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Back on topic:

FantasyMeister derived from 'Being a master of all things Final Fantasy'. (With a lot of help from Gamefaqs and Google).

I thought this was modest and sounded better than Sally so I stuck with it.
Sun 28/05/06 at 09:53
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Tony wrote:
> Mine is short for my real name "Anthony".
>
> But I might change it to Tonty.

Please don't change it to Tonty. Whenever I need to take a deep breath and relax I just throw 'Tony' into Google then sit back with a cup of tea and while away the hours reading all the caches which have your words of wisdom included over the years.

If you change it to 'Tonty' I'd have to run two searches and that makes it harder to blackmail people ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.