GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How did you get your name?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/05/06 at 11:25
Regular
Your username, how did you end up with it? 'Machie' is a nickname my girlfriend gave me, my real name is Mark. Previous names I've used on SR/Freeola have usually been after anime series or characters (Fooly Cooly, Ranma, etc). So yeah not very interesting at all, but I'm sure some of you have some interesting stories about how you got your name.
Mon 07/08/06 at 14:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A girl I'd go for Chloe as I've always liked that name but for a boy not a clue.
Mon 07/08/06 at 13:56
Regular
Talking about babies and having a boy or girl, I remember my parents were going to call me "Gemma" if I was a girl.

It's a nice name might use it for a daughter of my own :) I knew a girl in my class who had the name, cute little blonde girl, very nice and didn't put me off. I find thinking of a name for a kid I'm usually put off by people I already know or use to know who had the same name.
Mon 07/08/06 at 09:18
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
We were in Kavos which was really good it was the only place I've been on a proper lads holiday if you don't count weenends away. Went 3 times in all from 1999 - 2001.
Sun 06/08/06 at 22:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
Call yourself a heavy drinker... :-D

I'm going on holiday with "the boys" next year, we're heading off to Tenerife. Should be a laugh, already got my drinking orders in mind. *dreams*
Sun 06/08/06 at 22:43
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A year long beer drinking trip - that would be good!

Unfortunately mine lasted about 6 hours although we did do it a few times over the 2 weeks of the holiday.
Sun 06/08/06 at 22:32
Regular
"Mooching around"
Must've been some trip ;-)
Sun 06/08/06 at 22:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Went to Greece in 1999, completed a drinking challenge and the barman "translated" my surname into Greek before putting it up on a hall of fame on the wall.
Fri 04/08/06 at 21:15
Regular
"Mooching around"
Nice.
Fri 04/08/06 at 21:11
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
Mine because "infection" was too nasty. I did consider STI, however.
Fri 04/08/06 at 20:19
Regular
Cruciatum Fixative wrote:
> :-) What's your PhD in?
>
> this will probably sound like a stupid question, but bear in
> mind I'm stupid. What does PhD actually stand for?

The PhD is in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. Sounds more complicated than it is.

I often have conversations at weddings and other social functions which go like this:

Random person: What do you do?
Me: I'm a researcher
Random person: Oh....what do you research in?
Me. Umm, artificial intelligence and robotics.
Random Person: Oh.... Umm... Oh. Interesting. Umm, must refil my glass....
and off they wander.
Me: Stare into space for a bit and wonder why I didn't become a plumber, or a librarian or something.

Recently I met my Brother in Law's, fiancee's sister, and she threw me completely by saying "wow, that's fascinating, tell me more".

PhD stands for Doctor of Philosophy.

I'll stop rambling now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.