GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How did you get your name?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/05/06 at 11:25
Regular
Your username, how did you end up with it? 'Machie' is a nickname my girlfriend gave me, my real name is Mark. Previous names I've used on SR/Freeola have usually been after anime series or characters (Fooly Cooly, Ranma, etc). So yeah not very interesting at all, but I'm sure some of you have some interesting stories about how you got your name.
Fri 23/06/06 at 23:53
Regular
"sh"
Well, my name is one of them, self expanitary ones really :-)
Fri 23/06/06 at 13:32
Regular
"..."
I got mine...because basically, I have gone away...and I am back occasionally.
Thu 22/06/06 at 23:57
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I don't really remember but I have a stuffed toy with my name. But I don't know if that's where I got my name from, or I'm where he got his name from. I've been using the name for years, ever since I used to play TFC and that was quite some time ago.

It's a little moose (duh), apparently he's originally from McDonald's since he has a label saying Mcdonald's. But I'm pretty sure *I* didn't get him from McDonald's, and I really have no idea where I got him. He just seemed to appear from nowhere. Spooky.

Wasn't that interesting :p

[S]
Is it wrong that I'm a 19 year old who both admits to having a stuffed toy, and referring to it as "him"?
Thu 22/06/06 at 19:50
"Are you sure?"
Quite a few years back I called myself The Mod with a tag line of "Freeola Moderator".

I'm mostly interested in the website related Freeola forums as a big Freeola user and fan (nearly 100 Freeola registered domains and a Freeola ADSL user).

The 'old' SR "Web Design and Freeola" forum then, was full of threads with the title HELP ME!!!! etc. rather than anything descriptive. So in my own daft way I tried to ask people to post their queries with a meaningful title.

Not surprisingly lots of users said "who are you..." "leave us alone..." etc. But I persevered...

Then after quite a while some Freeola/SR staff started to post on the forums, so I thought it was time for me to give up my name. There was quite a lot of 'BS' being said by some members as the time, so quite often I was saying to myself "Hmmm... Are you sure?" - hence my new name.
Thu 22/06/06 at 17:36
Regular
"Mooching around"
Mine is either Latin or a variety of acient Greek, where Cruciatum meaning "Extreme pain" (Harry Potter fans: Crucio?). Whilst Fixative is still a "Modern English" word that means "to remain" or "to be fixed upon" so I suppose altogether it means Constant Pain?

My my, those were some sad days way back when...
Thu 22/06/06 at 15:42
Regular
"eat toast!"
Can't remember the reasons for spoonbeast. I think i heard one of my friends was hoping to name their naff rock band spoonbeast. But since they dropped it, i decided i'd use it. I think at the time i found the name utterly hilarious and amusing.
Thu 22/06/06 at 12:24
Regular
"Colourless"
I have absolutely no idea why I called myself Colourless.

I think I was doing some chemistry stuff at the time. Bromine plus something or other produces a colourless solution.

:s

Who knows.

How do I change my username?

EDIT: I know how to edit it, but for some reason it won't let me just have my name...
Tue 06/06/06 at 08:47
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Mine was given to me by my football team mates when I was 22 after I scored 12 goals in a game. Just sorta stuck from there!
Mon 05/06/06 at 17:53
Regular
"Fair Enough?"
I am Moderator1 +1.

I'm not sure if that makes me higher or lower than Moderator1!
Mon 05/06/06 at 14:37
Regular
I just thought it sounded good. It's obvious a drug reference, but I'm not a crazed druggie or anything :0D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.