GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why The GameCube Will Fail"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/07/02 at 15:40
Regular
I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6 titles.

I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros etc.

I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:43
Regular
http://www.xbox.com/uk/Games/catalog.htm

There are 61 games (count 'em) available for the X-Box. There are more than 11 that aren't worth buying. If you're telling us you have 50, then you obviously don't have very good taste in games and that doesn't help your case.
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The Gamecube will fail if no one buys it. Simple! :D
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:38
Regular
xbox rooools coz its wcked. i like dat post i just did. i mite win gad fur it know.
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:26
Regular
na da koleko visin is da best as it as a macheeene for da biggur olda bowys dan da gurly gaeqube an da ps2 an da xbox crap
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Gaypube iz gon failin coz itz gay and smell of wee an my mom sayz it
> lok lik a duplo breck that shi lak to jam up er chunel

---

no da gamecube rox and da ps2 is da loser it is a big spiky mashene dat is far 2 big 4 da tv it has crap gmes as wel. xbox sux 2
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:13
Regular
Gaypube iz gon failin coz itz gay and smell of wee an my mom sayz it lok lik a duplo breck that shi lak to jam up er chunel
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, thank god all of these posts here aren't about the console wars.

Only a few. Phew!

But may I say the origianl poster is a Fanboy. :D
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
xboxaddict wrote:
> I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles.

So yu bought you GC in May, and since have got an xbox with, you say 50 games. In two months you have got 5o games, thats near 1 a day, how would you have the time or the money for ALL of them. Also, im not even sure if 50 games have so far been released on Xbox in the UK, if so you have bought a few duff games.

I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

ME too, that game looks fantastic(though not every one around he thinks so).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.

Rare are a UK developer, they're not developing for Xbox. I do share the view twith you that Xbox is the best of the next gen consoles but there is no need to shove that view in everyones face.
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:42
Regular
You've got yourself 50 Xbox games?

You nonse!!

Even the PS2 with it's huge 2 year back catalogue doesn't have 50 "must-have"'s.

Anyway, Smash Brothers is for kids?
All games are really. Yes, even "grown up" games like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid are played mostly by kids.

And if you're not a kid at heart then go play a Microsoft Flight Simulator!
Wed 31/07/02 at 21:12
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sad, idiotic fanboy.

Fact is that there are console on which there aren't many games I prefer... but look at the wider picture. People who buy GC's actually like the games on offer and the console pricing, and this is why GC sales are far, far higher than Xbox sales in every territory.

However, any remotely intelligent gamer will tell you that all 3 consoles have some great games- even if they don't appeal to that particular gamer.

Finally, all 3 consoles are actually easy to develop for now. Xbox and GC are very well thought out with good support and dev kits, and the PS2 not has plenty of library code and middleware. All this is actually irrelevant, because big developers will develop for the biggest console bases however hard this may be. For that reason the PS2, despite early setbacks, has the biggest developer list (and don't bother to quote the Res Evil thing- this was just a lose cannon).

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.