GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why The GameCube Will Fail"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/07/02 at 15:40
Regular
I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6 titles.

I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros etc.

I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
My zoo has goats, donkeys and some other crap... I haven't been there in probably a decade or more... it's still falling apart... oh, and if you go there at night, there are people burying dead bodies...

;-)
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:31
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I thought you were being serious about the black Gamecube thing then Sibs, but then I saw the smiley and I knew you were joking. Thank God for smileys.

Okay then, my zoo has pandas and lizards and bins and a sandwich. What does your zoo have?
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
This topic was fun while it lasted... talking about zoos and cows and ... human-cow-pig crossbreeds...

But Gamecube roolz cos it iz purple.
Exsept da black ones coz dey is black.
;-)
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
WHAT! A broken SMILEY? ;(

NEVER!!! How will I survive after this.

;)
!)
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I think your last smiley broke...
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
ShadowDragon wrote:
> Well, it ain't my fault you forgot to put a smiley on the end. =oP

Well, SORRY. You want me to fill all my :) posts with ;) smileys now, do you?

:|

0.O ;(
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Who cares indeed.
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:14
Thegerrid wrote:
> Oh, and ShadowDragon, thatnks for explaining what crumbling meant,
> because I had absolutely no idea and I have always wondered what
> people meant whaen they said it.
> ;)
-----
Well, it ain't my fault you forgot to put a smiley on the end. =oP
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Anyway, who cares? They only just released Xbox and you're already talking about the next generation of consoles... this lot have only just come out... (except for PS2 obviously...)
Wed 31/07/02 at 17:10
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
> What about the future. Looks like Intel and Nivada don't want to play
> ball with Microsoft next time round. If thats the case Mr Gates will
> have to actually design a CPU and graphics chip - unless he buys the
> rights to use another existing design, perhaps PowerPC for the CPU.

Intel and Nvidia aren't the only hardware developers out there!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.