GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why The GameCube Will Fail"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/07/02 at 15:40
Regular
I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6 titles.

I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros etc.

I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.
Thu 01/08/02 at 13:18
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Protoss wrote:
> How the hell do you have 50 games already!?
> Either you make a lot of money or your some rich kid.
>
> Some rich Microsoft kid.
>
>
> Are you related to Bill Gates!?

lol

It is Bill Gates...
Thu 01/08/02 at 12:31
Regular
$lik wrote:
> heh, or maybe jus a casual gamer with too much time and money at the
> same time who cant decide what xbox games to buy and so jus buys em
> all and fails to appreciate the sheer brilliance of real games made by
> the best games company in the world, alltogether now... Sigh!

Yet another biased joke about the xbox, I find the xbox a brilliant console and is my fave at the moment, The gamecube does'nt appeal to me but is an excellent console. Shut up, stop being so biased and i bet you have'nt even played an xbox.....
Thu 01/08/02 at 12:28
Regular
nasty neighbour wrote:
> I think what happened here is that he got the XBOX from the start and
> because he realised it was rubbish he decided he better make it look
> good.. no sorry try and make it look good.

HAHAHAHAHA Such a good 12 year old style biased joke there.

Im Soooooo Laughing, Nice joke about the xbox there HAHAHAHAHA god you are killing me.

(sarcasm)

Yet another retarded, childish joke about a console there.
Thu 01/08/02 at 11:35
Regular
Tried and failed oh so miserably.
Thu 01/08/02 at 11:09
Regular
I think what happened here is that he got the XBOX from the start and because he realised it was rubbish he decided he better make it look good.. no sorry try and make it look good.
Thu 01/08/02 at 10:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Lord H wrote:
> So the GameCube is gonna fail because the picture quality is
> "crap"?
>
> What a fantastic revelation! And your in-depth analysis of why it will
> fail has astounded me!

---

LOL!

Made me laugh anyway. :D
Thu 01/08/02 at 10:17
Regular
"DS..."
Protoss wrote:
> How the hell do you have 50 games already!?
> Either you make a lot of money or your some rich kid.
>
> Some rich Microsoft kid.
>
>
> Are you related to Bill Gates!?

heh, or maybe jus a casual gamer with too much time and money at the same time who cant decide what xbox games to buy and so jus buys em all and fails to appreciate the sheer brilliance of real games made by the best games company in the world, alltogether now... Sigh!

slik ~_~
Thu 01/08/02 at 09:17
"Mimmargh!"
How the hell do you have 50 games already!?
Either you make a lot of money or your some rich kid.

Some rich Microsoft kid.

Are you related to Bill Gates!?
Thu 01/08/02 at 07:59
Regular
"everyone says it"
This topic can suck my nads.
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:55
Regular
".......on the attac"
So the GameCube is gonna fail because the picture quality is "crap"?

What a fantastic revelation! And your in-depth analysis of why it will fail has astounded me!

What, really, was the purpose of this post? I really can't see the GameCube failing, nor the PS2 or the XBox. All three have some great games and I look forward to when I own all three which will be sometime after Xmas. (Just the PS2 at the moment..... :-( )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.