GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why The GameCube Will Fail"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/07/02 at 15:40
Regular
I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6 titles.

I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros etc.

I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Goatboy wrote:
> Ah sorry.
> I was sitting at the back, I must've been staring out of the window.

Having it at the back of a stripbar probably isn't a great idea. Mind you, the entertainment is well worth the loss in discussion;)

This is why we drafted article 5: Women cannot become notables.
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:21
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ah sorry.
I was sitting at the back, I must've been staring out of the window.
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:18
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Goatboy wrote:
> Notable commandment?
>
> Since when do we issue those then?

Did you not get the minutes from our last conspiracy meeting? As well as outlining the newbies we were going to mock for the month, we announced a series of radical reforms, including omnipotent powers for notables.

Please, keep up!
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Notable commandment?

Since when do we issue those then?
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Phillip,

NOTABLE COMMANDMENT:

DO NOT post in this topic anymore... please. We've had our fun, nw let's just let is sink to the bottom of the room!

Now, NO ONE else post. I really hate it when someone comes into a topic like this and then completely ignores the fact that what he's saying has already been said, and then pops the topic!
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mooooooooooooo
Thu 01/08/02 at 00:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
xboxaddict wrote:
> I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that
> I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got
> £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6
> titles.

Ok, that means you got £5.14 for each game and even gave them the console for free!

I think you're lying!

At £15 per game you would get £1050 plus the money for the actual console!

And 70 games, thats £2800 worth of high street prices!

> I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and
> the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for
> kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash
> Bros etc.

It's the TV, nobody else has had problems! Either that or you are using the aerial connection!

> I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of
> mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them
> now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

Same day! lol, I didn't like the XBOX the first time I played it, if I had bought it I wouldn't have taken it back ON THE SAME DAY! That's just stupid!

> I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's
> absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait
> for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

So you now have over £2000 worth of games already?!?!

That's like every XBOX game out at the moment!

> With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in
> development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK
> is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.

But will the games be crap?

We will have to wait...
Wed 31/07/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sonicrav wrote:
> DO NOT post in this topic anymore... please. We've had our fun, nw let's just let is sink to the bottom of the room!

Thats been said before in the XBXOX STINKS topic in the xbox forum but the stupid dumbazz who started it always comes back and pops it just to pizz us off.

Whoops I just posted, sorry. :P
Wed 31/07/02 at 23:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
NOTABLE COMMANDMENT:

DO NOT post in this topic anymore... please. We've had our fun, nw let's just let is sink to the bottom of the room!
Wed 31/07/02 at 22:57
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Grandprix wrote:
> The Gamecube will fail if no one buys it. Simple! :D

---

You've got a large amount of logic, GP.

;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.