GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why The GameCube Will Fail"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/07/02 at 15:40
Regular
I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6 titles.

I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros etc.

I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:40
I was as eager as anyone to get my hands on a GameCube so much so that I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6 titles.

I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap, and the games were much better. Luigis Mansion was alright but it's for kids the same can be said for Sonic Adventures 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros etc.

I promptly took my GameCube back and I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has had every games console ever produced and he still has them now, but he also bought a GameCube and took it back the same day.

I decided to go out and buy an Xbox and what a surprise that was, it's absolutely fantastic and I know have nearly 50 titles. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).

With nearly 150 titles due out before Christmas and more than 300 in development, Xbox is the future of gaming. Every developer in the UK is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
go away
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
go away
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
well said.

Fanboy needs a reality check...
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I agree with the initial post.
I sold my Gamecube to my bass player with Rogue Thingy, Monkey Ball and Luigi's Mansion for £50.

And I bought 200 fags with the money.
Much better
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:45
go away..... fanboy!
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:49
Regular
Sure, you didn't like the GameCube so you got an X-box instead. I'm still to find someone local who owns an X-box yet I know many with GameCubes. Because of that it doesn't mean the X-box is going to fail, nor does your comment about the GameCube prove it's going to fail.

If anything, you're the one whos intelligence is failing if you feel the opinions of one or two are going to force a console out of production. (aimed at X-boxaddict)
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:56
Regular
xboxaddict wrote:
>
> I took my PS2 and nearly 70 games down to EB to trade in. I got
> £360 which wasn't that bad and I bought a GameCube and 6
> titles.

70 games? and you got £360? why don't I beleive you?

> I had problems with it from the off the picture quality was crap

I think your TV must be crap then.

I can't wait
> for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (xbox Exclusive).
>

No it's not you big tard.

>Xbox is the future of gaming.

Right that's it, this guy has just finished the console wars with that comment, why didn't someone think of that sooner?

Every developer in the UK
> is currently developing for Xbox, the same can't be said for Nintendo.

Absoloute BS, I see no Rare developing for the Xbox. Which UK developers are working for Xbox that aren't for Gamecube i'd love to know?

I get the feeling you're making most your comments up on the spot with feck all to back them up.

Go away fanboy.
Wed 31/07/02 at 15:58
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I hate fanboys so....
Wed 31/07/02 at 16:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
How many more cow-people can say "Fanboy"?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.