GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Sun 15/06/08 at 12:00
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'll be the different one here, I thought it was fantastic. Really quite an original effort, the air of mystery in it was good too.

Are the next three all linked? It certainly looks so, can't wait :)
Sun 15/06/08 at 12:29
"possibly impossible"
Yes, next week's is supposed to be a 'sliding doors' style 'what if?' episode, showing what would happen in the Doctor had died and how it would affect Rose, Donna, Sarah Jane and Martha
Tue 17/06/08 at 09:59
Regular
I really enjoyed saturdays one. I have to admit I often get caught up in the whole RTD sucks craze but this one was one of the better ones, for once the doctor seemed just like he wasn't some demi-god who can scare of shadows by asking them to look him up.

Next weeks must be the doctor lite epsidoe then I imagine?
Tue 17/06/08 at 12:55
"possibly impossible"
Yes, it is. It does look like it'll be a blast as well. The reviewers over at SFX mag have seen it already and tell us that it's a really good 'fanboyish' episode.
Fri 20/06/08 at 11:40
Regular
Okay I finally caught up with all the episodes.

I enjoyed the end of the library one. Though I might have liked it better it the crew had just died instead of having their memories saved so they can live for an eternity.

Last Saturdays episode, umm I'm not sure if I liked it or not. Well yeah I liked it and it was different but it's one of those episodes where I got annoyed by everyone turning against the Doctor. Although it turns out he was wrong and they should have just chucked her out from the start.

By the way, was the woman a lesbian? Homosexuality seems to pop up a lot in Doctor Who nowadays. I feel bad that I keep noticing the token black and asian characters in every single episode. I wonder to myself whether Wales is really that diverse or they have some kind of multiracial quota.

The Doctors name, what's so special about it? pb you're a classic fan, has his name ever been mentioned in the old series or refer to in anyway apart from "Doctor who?" "Just The Doctor".

It's a habit of the Doctors to find out everyones name especially if they end up saving him. I wonder if he ever bothered to check what her name was when they got rescued.

Now that I think about it, the woman with glasses should have been the one to save the day instead of standing by the wall, hands on head freaking out. I guess the reason why it wasn't her was because he already knew her name from talking to her so much.

So next episode is one of those episodes without the Doctor? And it has a Sliding Doors theme? Could be interesting.

Now to find these Davros photos.
Fri 20/06/08 at 11:45
Regular
Very nice, I like it :) I just hope the dalek episodes will be better than the NYC one. Who wrote that by the way? Daleks are suppose to be the supreme race, you don't go merging them with humans to make them more inferior.
Fri 20/06/08 at 16:38
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Very nice, I like it :) I just hope the dalek episodes will be
> better than the NYC one. Who wrote that by the way? Daleks are
> suppose to be the supreme race, you don't go merging them with
> humans to make them more inferior.

Helen Raynor wrote Daleks in Manhattan, and it was an ok story, but I agree with the Dalek/human hybrid thing.

Anyway, RTD is writing the rest of the stories in this series (as with the last three)
Fri 20/06/08 at 16:51
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
>
> By the way, was the woman a lesbian? Homosexuality seems to pop
> up a lot in Doctor Who nowadays.

Yes, offhand reference. It's in RTDs vision of the future (mentioned way back in Series 1) that the future is more liberal minded. Many have suggested RTD has an overall gay agenda for the series, but others think he is just adding references in order to make it seem more commonplace.

>
> The Doctors name, what's so special about it? pb you're a
> classic fan, has his name ever been mentioned in the old series
> or refer to in anyway apart from "Doctor who?"
> "Just The Doctor".
>
Back in the spinoffs to the classic series there have been lines about it being unspeakable by human tongue, but in the series no one has ever said his real name, other than River Song whispering it to him.

>
> So next episode is one of those episodes without the Doctor? And
> it has a Sliding Doors theme? Could be interesting.
>

Yes, and many companions. Nice picture of the 7 'companions' if you can find it.
Sat 21/06/08 at 18:17
Regular
"Mooching around"
Yay, it's on in 3 minutes :)

EDIT: Curse the BBC's lack of proper schedule.
Sat 21/06/08 at 19:40
Regular
Well then, what did you all think of that episode? :) Steven Moffat did the Doctorless episodes last year. Blink wasnt it? Which I thought was pretty good.

I remember the Jadoon episode, the Sontaron episode and the fat episode but what was the bit where the family were being sent to a concentration camp? I don't remember that ever happening in Dr Who.

Anyway it was a good episode, though I don't really get why the bug and the lady wanted to chance history.

The trailer for the series finale was "epic" as Garin would say. I can't wait to see the next episode.

edit: oh and I've forgotten already. What's badwolf?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.