GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Tue 26/08/08 at 20:41
"possibly impossible"
Also, have you seen that the new figures have started to appear in shops (new ood, Sontarans etc), but also alongside them are new versions of classic figures like the Sea Devils, all with a part of the giant robot from the Robot story. If you get them all you can make the robot!
Tue 26/08/08 at 17:29
"possibly impossible"
They keep talking about a new movie. It just doesn't lend itself to a movie format, really.

The stand-alone episodes are a better idea and should allow a bit more freedom while probably still containing a story arc.
Tue 26/08/08 at 13:38
Regular
So whens the movie coming out?
Mon 28/07/08 at 01:42
Regular
Old Eccy was a bit of a bad ass. I was watching the episode with those fat green things at No 10 and it was pretty jokes.
Sun 27/07/08 at 20:57
Regular
"the j-man"
The final episode of Doctor Who Series 4 was outrageously bad. I honestly have to say it was one of the worst things I've ever seen on TV. It was full of nothing but nonsensical technobabble, deus ex and It's In The Script! moments.

The acting was terrible and the whole thing was just one big embarrassing mess.
Tue 22/07/08 at 20:02
Regular
pb wrote:
> David or Christopher? I'd say David was better, but that's
> opinion for you. A lot of people hated Colin too, but he shone
> in the stories that were well written.
>
> Christopher was great, though, but he did seem to have a problem
> with accepting the role outside of turning up and doing the
> acting. Surely he must have realised what an institution it was?
> At least David has taken it upon himself to do his best outside
> of filming the series to take on the 'full role' that being The
> Doctor entails.

Christopher was great and i thought he couldn't be replaced. I was wrong, so very wrong. David has been the best Doctor so far and i'm glad he's staying on. When David does want to leave i don't think a replacement doctor would be better because i think it would actually harm the show. David's acting and enthusiasm has made the show what it is today. :)
Sat 19/07/08 at 22:27
"possibly impossible"
David or Christopher? I'd say David was better, but that's opinion for you. A lot of people hated Colin too, but he shone in the stories that were well written.

Christopher was great, though, but he did seem to have a problem with accepting the role outside of turning up and doing the acting. Surely he must have realised what an institution it was? At least David has taken it upon himself to do his best outside of filming the series to take on the 'full role' that being The Doctor entails.
Sat 19/07/08 at 02:12
Regular
no, i think David is terrible i am sure he could be better, it might be the script. Eccleston was far superior. most of the acting by everyone is poor which is a real shame

as for dalek stories, i think the single dalek in the first (new)series was the best, it was more menacing then a whole fleet of them now.
Fri 18/07/08 at 16:21
"possibly impossible"
As long as the stories remain interesting and he still loves the role, I can't see why not.
Fri 18/07/08 at 10:34
Regular
I just read on DigitalSpy that they're going to offer David quite a lot of money to stay on for another year, so I hope he ends up staying as he's becoming one of my all time favourite Doctors.

Anyone else agree with me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.