GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Wed 25/06/08 at 21:11
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> Spoiler Alert:
>
> Clip shown on Blue Peter yesterday from Journey's End (Final
> Episode).
>
>
> Click Here for Squee

>
> Doesn't really give anything away that we didn't already know,
> but might possibly spoil some tension from this week's episode.

Well, it does give a little bit more away about what characters are involved :)
Wed 25/06/08 at 16:48
Regular
Oh I'm a fanboy through and through, I love references to even the most obscure of things. BUT I'm not so sure about buying season 4, I've yet to get 3, bar the last 4/5 episodes of 3 I didn't love the eps, so I don't think I want to get it just yet. Having said that season 4 has had a few eps I've really enjoyed

Fires of pompeii
Planet of the ood
Silence in the Library
Forest of the Dead
Midnight

Plus theres still two to go. (Turn Left was good but I didn't love it.)
Wed 25/06/08 at 14:37
"possibly impossible"
Fanboys are going to faint over the next 2 weeks, I tell you.

I can see 4th Series box sets running out of stock as soon as they're ready to pre-order...
Wed 25/06/08 at 13:01
Regular
Squeetastic! Can't wait to see this argh it is only wednesday. I brought the genesis of the daleks today though so I can watch that when I get in!
Wed 25/06/08 at 11:53
"possibly impossible"
And if that doesn't have you foaming at the mouth, try the new trailer on BBC iPlayer here.

Don't worry, not a spoiler.
Wed 25/06/08 at 11:24
"possibly impossible"
Spoiler Alert:

Clip shown on Blue Peter yesterday from Journey's End (Final Episode).

Click Here for Squee

Doesn't really give anything away that we didn't already know, but might possibly spoil some tension from this week's episode.
Tue 24/06/08 at 08:35
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> This is just crazy, how popular was Dr Who back in the day pb,
> because it's astounding how big it is now. I'm seeing Americans
> on twitter talk about watching recent Dr Who episodes and I
> wouldnt even consider them sci fi geeks.

The classic series was fondly talked about by non-geeks in the UK, but it was really a cult crowd of Tom Baker worshipers in the US that followed the series. Since the reboot it's been big news in the States.

> I really hope the finale will be a good one, it should be as RTD
> handles things over to Moffat. Which reminds me, are they sorta
> switching roles? By that I mean will RTD still contribute to Dr
> Who even if its just one episode a series?

Yep, RTD will still be writing, but wants to spend more time on other projects. RTD currently handles the influx of scripts and writers, organises which stories will be used and oversees the whole story arc and direction of the show. Moffat will take this over, so it's likely the show might feel a little different over all. Moffat favours the 'romantic' Doctor (in the classic literature sense), so I expect more of the Girl in the Fireplace style relationship and maybe a slightly darker arc.
Tue 24/06/08 at 00:45
Regular
This is just crazy, how popular was Dr Who back in the day pb, because it's astounding how big it is now. I'm seeing Americans on twitter talk about watching recent Dr Who episodes and I wouldnt even consider them sci fi geeks.

There are forums and threads everywhere and most will get several hundred replies just on each episode (apart from here sadly). Now I'm seeing the last episode on the top pages on YouTube right next to Chris' Davros trailer which is getting 10,000s of videos and hundreds of comments.

Even Star Trek didn't bring families together as much as Dr Who has. So many generations even new ones who are experiencing Dr Who for the first time like Garin, Alfonse and your own daughters pb.

I really hope the finale will be a good one, it should be as RTD handles things over to Moffat. Which reminds me, are they sorta switching roles? By that I mean will RTD still contribute to Dr Who even if its just one episode a series?
Mon 23/06/08 at 17:02
Regular
Hmmmm I hope RTD isn't really planning to "wipe the slate clean" as such, because that would quite frankly suck. I think we'll know within about 10 minutes whether we are getting a reset button or not (basically 90% of the world will be killed but by the end of it they will all be back to life) But it's looking good, so excited to be getting everyone in on it. (Torchwood team etc, why oh why did they kill of the other two!!)

Overall the episode was cool but was more of a standalone than a lead in besides like the last minute, personally I preffered Utopias lead in last year. (Plus though I love the daleks it was refreshing to have a finale without them in it last year)
Mon 23/06/08 at 14:08
"possibly impossible"
It's possibly something we may find out more about in the coming 2 episodes.

One rumour is that RTD is undoing everything we found out in the new series so Moffat can start with a clean slate.

Other weird and wonderful rumours (most supposed to be true!)
Harriet Jones reappears (actually, she's in the trailer)

Harriet Jones becomes a dalek

The Daleks are made from Harvested bees (hence them all going missing)

K9 is sent off to save Jenny from a black hole.

Astrid re-appears to help save the day.

The Torchwood Pteradactyl is killed by a Dalek.

The Daleks know the identity of a certain former Prime Minister.

Captain Jack becomes angry at Paul O'Grady's effect on Ianto Jones.

A certain body part in a jar is bubbling.

Wilf was banned from using a webcam as there were suspicions over what he might use it for.

Project Indigo holds the key to salvation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.