GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Mon 23/06/08 at 13:12
Regular
Ah I think I understand now, well except the whole time locked thing but then to udnerstand it I'd have to be a timelord. :) It's like the clone war only much more interesting and I'd really like to know what happened. I wonder if we'll ever find out.

thanks pb.
Mon 23/06/08 at 13:05
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> So is this still our Davros then pb or could it be one from
> another universe?
>
More likely to be our Davros, missing hand replaced by robot hand and new chair, possibly because his original body was destroyed.

> I don't really know much about the Timelords, were they like the
> Doctor and would get involved when space and time were being
> messed around with?
>
The Doctor uses the same code as the rest of the Timelords, not getting involved unless the fabric of time was under threat. The Doctor annoyed them though, because he tended to meddle far more. The Timelords were the keepers of time, that was their main role.

> Here's an example. I'm a timelord from 2006 and Davros is
> messing around big time in 2008 but the time war happened in
> 2007. Is it still possible for me to go and stop him or does
> anything the Timelords did beyond the war no longer happen.
>
The Time War was 'time locked' (or at least, that's what the Doctor thinks) which means that it doesn't matter when it happened, it eradicated the Timelords and most of the Daleks from the whole of time.

> Or if I was to kill the Doctor now, he'll still appear with Rose
> 5 billion years later on Platform One to watch the Earth finally
> be destroyed.

If you kill the Doctor now it won't matter, as his past is still his past. It would be his future timeline that you'd be removing, so if, say, the 11th Doctor came to visit, that timeline would be eradicated.
Mon 23/06/08 at 12:03
Regular
So is this still our Davros then pb or could it be one from another universe?

I don't really know much about the Timelords, were they like the Doctor and would get involved when space and time were being messed around with?

Here's an example. I'm a timelord from 2006 and Davros is messing around big time in 2008 but the time war happened in 2007. Is it still possible for me to go and stop him or does anything the Timelords did beyond the war no longer happen.

Or if I was to kill the Doctor now, he'll still appear with Rose 5 billion years later on Platform One to watch the Earth finally be destroyed.
Sun 22/06/08 at 23:44
"possibly impossible"
Very nice.
Sun 22/06/08 at 23:42
Regular
The Reaper wrote:
> Just in, we have our first lines from Davros!
>
> Enjoy.

Is it Saturday yet? :( Chris you gotta buy me one of those red daleks when start selling them around Christmas time. I want one.
Sun 22/06/08 at 21:18
Regular
"Mooching around"
Just in, we have our first lines from Davros!

Enjoy.
Sun 22/06/08 at 21:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> Next week's promises to be great, but let's hope we don't get
> the usual RTD cop out of a big reset button at the end of the
> next one...

Come now, impending inevitable doom that promises to wipe out the Earth? How else will someone like RTD get around this? :P

> [...]There's a rumour that one of them is Harriet Jones. But it's
> not from a very trustworthy source...

My bet is that Ms Tate will become a Dalek, mainly going from what the lady said at the end of the episode just gone.
Sun 22/06/08 at 18:26
"possibly impossible"
The Reaper wrote:
> There's a new
> 10
> sec trailer
out for the next episode, just showing the new
> Daleks.
>
> I think one of them is Dalek Caan.

There's a rumour that one of them is Harriet Jones. But it's not from a very trustworthy source...
Sun 22/06/08 at 18:25
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Well then, what did you all think of that episode? :) Steven
> Moffat did the Doctorless episodes last year. Blink wasnt it?
> Which I thought was pretty good.
>
Very good. It was a simple idea but very well executed. One of the best RTD stories to date. Love the fact that they mentioned the fate of Torchwood's team, Sarah Jane and the kids too.

> I remember the Jadoon episode, the Sontaron episode and the fat
> episode but what was the bit where the family were being sent to
> a concentration camp? I don't remember that ever happening in Dr
> Who.
>
That is not from the past, it's simply an affect of the problems in that reality because of all that has happened.

> Anyway it was a good episode, though I don't really get why the
> bug and the lady wanted to chance history.
>
It was The Trickster, a character with no face from the Sarah Jane Adventures. At the end of Sarah Jane she met the trickster when trying to save herself and he mentions The Doctor and what fun it would be to see what would happen if he wasn't around, that leads directly in to this story.

> The trailer for the series finale was "epic" as Garin
> would say. I can't wait to see the next episode.
>
> edit: oh and I've forgotten already. What's badwolf?

Badwolf was Rose's warning to herself and to The Doctor, but then became more of a description of her. As Tennant says in Confidential it's like "the Batsignal".

Next week's promises to be great, but let's hope we don't get the usual RTD cop out of a big reset button at the end of the next one...
Sun 22/06/08 at 15:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
There's a new 10 sec trailer out for the next episode, just showing the new Daleks.

I think one of them is Dalek Caan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.