GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Sat 12/04/08 at 21:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Well I think they'd maybe have to change alot for Gallifrey to be a full time addition, as they make alot of the Doctor on his own premise. So I'd bet Gallifrey exists in the void where they now have an extreme non-invention policy as a result of what happened in the time war and thus are leaving the rest of the universe to get on with it. Of course the Doctor wont be able to accept this as they wont help him save whoever needs saving on that particular day. Thus they can introduce Gallifrey but at the same time maintain the Doctors isolation and keep his one man crusade going around fixing stuff. :)
Sat 12/04/08 at 20:35
Regular
Garin wrote:
> I was pleasantly surprised.

Agreed, an improvement on the last episode (poor RTD) I understood how they could predict the future but I'm not sure how they communicated like that. I was a little freaked out when the guy joined in and mentioned Gallifrey.

> Well hes supposedly responsible for the destruction of Gallifrey
> in ending the time war, I guess that killed a few innocent
> people.
> (although as I've said previously, I think they'll decide
> Gallifrey still exists)

Good man, I'm a strong believer that it's utter rubbish and both Skaro and Gallifrey are still there. Okay maybe not Skaro.

It's so long ago I can't remember what happened in Sylvesters last series. I did see Remembrance of the Daleks and apparently Davros destroyed Skaro by turning Skaro's sun into a supernova.

But according to the new series Skaro and Gallifrey destroyed each other (or by the Doctor?) and for some reason he's unable to go back despite having a time machine. Who decided that one? RTD? The Daleks don't need Skaro but I think the series does need Gallifrey.
Sat 12/04/08 at 20:21
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Alright, how did you all find that episode?

I was pleasantly surprised.

> I wonder, is this the
> first time the Doctor has killed so many innocent people?

Well hes supposedly responsible for the destruction of Gallifrey in ending the time war, I guess that killed a few innocent people.
(although as I've said previously, I think they'll decide Gallifrey still exists)
Sat 12/04/08 at 19:38
Regular
Alright, how did you all find that episode? I wonder, is this the first time the Doctor has killed so many innocent people? Except Dr Who brand water pitols in stores this summer. :D
Fri 11/04/08 at 19:10
Regular
Lets hope it won't be the same, one guy on a podcast I listen to said he didnt like it when David kept shouting and gritting his teeth or was that Sylvester I can't remember now :) just one more day to go, what time is it on now, it's getting confusing with them changing the schedule. I'm guessing 6:45?

I read a few comments on Digital Spy, some are keen to see RTD take a break and let others get on with it. How do you feel about that?
Fri 11/04/08 at 00:42
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Garin, any chance you could share your thoughts? You know I like
> to hear your opinion on the new Dr Who episodes.

As you said, good start. I think Tate works quite well actually. The series needs that type of character as it gives it plenty of opportunity for it not to take itself too seriously. I dont think I could take another companion giving the doctor meaningful looks all the time either.

Having said that, I'm sure my complaint about the series will re-emerge in the coming weeks and it'll become entirely formulaic and uninspiring. I notice in the preview for the next weeks episode we had Tate shouting for the doctor, we were just lacking Tennant running down some nondescript corridor. Doesnt exactly bode well as far as I'm concerned. Heres hoping though. :)
Fri 11/04/08 at 00:18
Regular
I quite enjoyed the April Fool 'leaked' episode...
Tue 08/04/08 at 10:36
Regular
I thought it was a good episode :) I've watched it twice now.

I'm still a little worried about Tate but she did get a few laughs out of me. We'll see what happens in the next episode.

As for Rose, I was surprised but I think they should just leave her out, I'm getting tired of these romances with the Doctor. I don't mind the one off (Rose) but not every single female companion. :/

Overall good start and I hope things just continue to get better :)

Garin, any chance you could share your thoughts? You know I like to hear your opinion on the new Dr Who episodes.
Sat 05/04/08 at 22:18
"possibly impossible"
So much better than I thought it would be.

Another well paced episode and a good start to the series. One of the reasons I love Doctor Who is the way the stories can vary so much in look and feel and this episode shows the lighter side of the show, which works equally as well as the big, loud episodes, or the nasty dark ones.

Donna seems to be a better thought out character this time and far less annoying than I ever thought possible.

And Rose...my guess is that she's used Torchwood in the other dimension to find a way to get across and she's looking for help from The Doctor. She'll pop up in all the modern-day earth episodes and finally get through at the end of the series....
Sat 05/04/08 at 19:10
Regular
"Mooching around"
So much better than Martha :D

And Rose! Yay! But... hey, what?

And the Adipose! I want one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.