GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Mon 21/04/08 at 19:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:To be honest, like Chaos
> I'm more than happy to see her go. I think Chris makes some valid
> points.

Bah! I have too many names :) You can't remember them all!
Mon 21/04/08 at 11:18
"possibly impossible"
She left because she felt she had to look after her family and follow her own path.

In a way she is a bit like Ace, a challenge for the Doctor, though obviously not as cool as Ace was! But I think it's healthy to have someone to question the Doctor and not be too phased. Her character was so much better in Torchwood now that she's settled in to UNIT and I think it will show an improvement in next week's episode too. She's now more in charge of her own life and helping UNIT.

I think we'll see the Sontarans, but it might be with their helmets on for most of the episode. Expect some cloning and a big link to the end of the series.
Sun 20/04/08 at 23:06
Regular
What's all this bee stuff about?

I'm a little worried that we wont really get to see the sontarans until the last 30 seconds, so it'll be 2 weeks till we get the better episode :)

My memory is poor, did Martha leave the Doctor because she fancied him and he didnt fancy her and she couldnt deal with that? I wonder what changed her mind. To be honest, like Chaos I'm more than happy to see her go. I think Chris makes some valid points.
Sun 20/04/08 at 19:49
"possibly impossible"
Not sure about bees, but there's a giant wasp coming up.

Martha's only in the next 2 and at the end of the series, though I didn't mind her at all last season. Donna reminds me a lot of Tegan though and Martha is probably nearer to Adric...
Sun 20/04/08 at 14:33
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I really enjoyed this weeks episode, as others have said before me Tate isn't as bad as I thought she was going to be.

I'm going with the thinking that the Doctors song will be 'ended' with his reuniting with Rose come the end of the series. I'm also thinking all the bees going missing will lead to something in those episodes also.

What has happened to all the bees??

I am looking forward to the return of the Sontarans though, should be another good'n next week.
Sun 20/04/08 at 11:12
Regular
"Mooching around"
pb wrote:
> It may actually be the journey to find Rose (his own particular
> song).

That's probably the bingo. They always do hint at the finale in every episode, the Pompey one "She is returning" for example. I'm sure there was one in the one before it too, but it slips my mind.

Machie wrote:
> I'm surprised neither of you have mentioned Martha. I wonder how
> she'll feel about meeting Donna.
>
> As for Donna she's starting to grow on me, she's different from
> Martha and Rose.

It upsets me that she's coming back. I found her really annoying as an assistant, probably because she was too smart too soon. I always like the air of The Doctor to be up and beyond his assistant in terms of intelligence, but that the assistants slowly learn and begin to keep up.

Plus Martha was really boring as an actor :(

If you forget about Tate's infamous "Am I bover'd?" and other catchphrases, I've found her to be a really good assistant, and quite amusing too :)

Long live Donna & Rose! =D
Sun 20/04/08 at 10:41
Regular
I'm surprised neither of you have mentioned Martha. I wonder how she'll feel about meeting Donna.

As for Donna she's starting to grow on me, she's different from Martha and Rose.
Sun 20/04/08 at 01:30
"possibly impossible"
It may actually be the journey to find Rose (his own particular song). There are those that have 'seen' him filming bits for the next Christmas special already, but also those rumours of extermination...
Sun 20/04/08 at 01:26
Regular
"Mooching around"
He still has one in the bag (right?), but I reckon it's more a hint towards his death.
Sun 20/04/08 at 01:19
"possibly impossible"
Warning: Obvious joke: I thought that episode was gOOD...

Anyway, yes, an interesting look into the Ood homeworld, certainly gives them more character. That warning at the end though "I think your song must be ending soon." hmm. A regeneration still on the cards?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.