GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Series 4"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/08 at 18:07
Regular
Thought I would set up a new thread for the latest Dr Who series which starts tonight on BBC1 at 6:20PM.

What did you think of tonights episode?
Sat 19/04/08 at 21:02
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> Looks like you were wrong Chris :) I think next weeks episode is
> the double.

Yeah, I thought that was episode four, guess next weeks one is.

> So come on, what did you all think of the episode? What about
> Captain Darlings demise? The Oods second brain and the return of
> the Sontarans. :D

I missed the first half hour of this episode, so I didn't follow it as I'd of hoped.

As for the Sontarans, I've never seen them before, the only old episodes I watch are Dalek ones.
Sat 19/04/08 at 19:07
Regular
Looks like you were wrong Chris :) I think next weeks episode is the double.

So come on, what did you all think of the episode? What about Captain Darlings demise? The Oods second brain and the return of the Sontarans. :D
Sat 19/04/08 at 00:21
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> Another Dr Who on tomorrow and I'm quite excited. Is this the one
> with the Ood?
>
> Hopefully you'll share your thoughts on it this time pb and
> Chaos ;P

Heh, maybe... I'm betting this one is going to be a double epidode, so I'm bound to end up here ranting on the annoyances of such episodes.
Fri 18/04/08 at 12:10
Regular
I really want them to go to Japan, in the future. Like that level in Timesplitters.

But I doubt it will ever happen =|
Fri 18/04/08 at 09:27
Regular
Another Dr Who on tomorrow and I'm quite excited. Is this the one with the Ood?

Hopefully you'll share your thoughts on it this time pb and Chaos ;P
Mon 14/04/08 at 22:10
Regular
"Mooching around"
Thank you pb, you're an absolute star!
Mon 14/04/08 at 10:19
"possibly impossible"
Let's see.

Skaro
Skaro is inhabited by the Thals and Kaleds. The Thals are pretty much almost wiped out and leave Skaro while the Kaleds, becoming mutated already by the land, are turned into Daleks by Davros.

Skaro, although a dead planet, was mined by the Daleks for natural resources before they moved on to other planets. It re-appeared in the 7th Doctor story Rememberance of the Daleks and was subsequently destroyed by the Hand of Omega, being set to feed a destruction pattern by the Doctor.

The 8th Doctor takes the Master's remains from Skaro, but this seems to be set prior to the time when Skaro is destroyed.

Davros
Davros is found on a prison ship by the 5th Doctor after the Daleks have yet again rebelled against him. He was released by a renegade team who wanted his help in finding a solution to a virus that was killing everyone. He used the chance to control the daleks minds and in retribution for their earlier actions, changed the virus to kill daleks but suffered from it himself.

Yet again escaping, he's found at Tranquil Repose (a funeral planet) as The Great healer. Somehow he altered his body to allow bolts of electricity to fly from his hand. He uses the dead body tissue to create new white and gold Daleks that are loyal to him, but the renegade grey daleks arrive and take him.

There are then several audio plays set between the times of Davros's earlier and last appearances which try to fill in the gaps but don't offer much more background.

Rememberance is the next time we see Davros on TV, where he is leading his white and gold daleks to find the Hand of Omega. The 7th Doctor stops him amidst a battle between the grey renegade daleks and Davros's own White and Gold ones. The last time we see him, Davros's ship and Skaro itself is destroyed by the Hand, but a Dalek communication states that an escape pod has successfully been launched.

An 8th Doctor audio story, Terror Firma, then sees Davros lead an army of Daleks, taking over Earth. But now Davros has severe mental issues and this leads him and his Daleks to eventually abandon their conquest. Whether this will be referred to when the new series brings him back, I don't know.
Sun 13/04/08 at 22:32
Regular
"Mooching around"
Wow, I'm so out of touch with the old episodes :)

Can anyone give me a brief run down of Skaro/Davros since Genesis of the Daleks?
Sun 13/04/08 at 12:04
Regular
What did you think of last nights episode pb? :)

Still no rush for them to bring back Gallifrey but you're right it's probably something to do with E-space.

Talking of Davros, didn't he get away? So we know he's around somewhere. The Master always finds a way to survive but if he's dead does that mean he's turn up looking like someone else now?

I'm looking forward to having the fifths daughter in the show playing the Doctors daughter, that'll be great, I hope she's attractive like Romana II.
Sun 13/04/08 at 11:25
"possibly impossible"
Skaro was apparently destroyed by the 7th Doctor with the hand of Omega (Rememberance of the Daleks) but it appeared in the 8th Doctor TV movie and then was referenced in the Time War.

The Doctor himself didn't destroy Gallifrey, it was destroyed in the war and he couldn't stop it, but being the only survivor he feels responsible for it.

As explained in this weeks episode, and prior to that in other episodes and in the books, he can't intervine in situations where things are supposed to happen, he can see what is supposed to be and what isn't and if any of this changes it threatens to tear the fabric of time apart (read: not good).

A good excuse for hiding Gallifrey/Skaro/Timelords already exists in the form of E-Space. E-space is an area the Doctor and Romana visited and it's somewhere that doesn't appear on Timelords 'radars' as it's an alternate universe of sorts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.