GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tomasson and Sorenson miss training for Denmark"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/06/02 at 15:18
Regular
News in from football 365

Denmark could be without leading scorer Jon Dahl Tomasson for the clash against England on Saturday.
Reports from the Far East suggest Tomasson has been carrying a thigh injury for a while.

Tomasson, who has scored three goals in his side's three group games, missed Thursday's training session, as did Sunderland goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen.

Former Denmark international Jan Molby said: "It's a massive blow for Denmark.

"All indications are that he will probably miss the game, He is the only player we can't do without.

"He has has been in sensational form and he is a first-class finisher. A Danish team without Jon Dahl would not be the same."

Bolton midfielder Stig Tofting is also an injury worry but Molby believes the Denmark hard-man will battle through to pull on the shirt against England.

"We don't want to be without either of our strong players in midfield but the big worry is Jon Dahl," the former Liverpool midfielder told Sky Sports News.

"If we are without Jon Dahl then it will certainly give England a boost. It will make it more difficult without Jon Dahl being there."
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:24
"Darkness, always"
Or†ega wrote:
> Example of what annoyed me...
>
> Euro 2000 i think...
>
> England fans chanting...
>
> "I'd rather be a pak! than a turk...I'd rather be a pak! than a
> turk...I'd rather be a pak!...rather be a pak!...rather be a pak! than
> a turk"
>
> !=I

I've never heard of this incident, but even still, one incident, not necessarilly racist (i have no background on this incident), but more likely humourous. And if you don't think that every countries fans jeer other teams, you must be stupid. Just because you don't understand what they are saying, doesn't mean it isn't offensive.
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:22
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
To brand them as a bunch of racists is
> absolutely absurd.

Again, you completly miss the fact that i pointed out that i know its not all of them.
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:22
"Darkness, always"
Or†ega wrote:

> Insane Bartender blasted me for a point which i covered "(okay, i
> know its not
> all of them)"

COVERED??? You slated the majority of english football supporters as "very, very, racist". Saying that it's "not all of them" when you should have said "it's only a few lonely soles like this" is absolutely unforgivable. And I can tell you now, if england lost to Japan, we wouldn't riot in the streets and start killing people for it. We'd be dejected, yes, kill people? Absolutely not.

And the russians aren't the worst for it. People say we are because we ensure it is made public, whereas most other nations cover it up.

I suggest you go and take a look at what it is you're talking about.
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:21
Regular
Example of what annoyed me...

Euro 2000 i think...

England fans chanting...

"I'd rather be a pak! than a turk...I'd rather be a pak! than a turk...I'd rather be a pak!...rather be a pak!...rather be a pak! than a turk"

!=I
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:18
"Darkness, always"
England have the worst rep because we are the only country actively stamping down on it, and making a very public job of doing so. Don't comment on things that you don't know about.

Sure we have hoolgans, so does everyone else, and often more extreme ones. I recall reading about the spanish ones that basically force clubs to buy the players they want etc.

In my opinion, the vast, vast, vast majority of england supporters are friendly patriotic people who live for the footballing moment and enjoy every bit of it. To brand them as a bunch of racists is absolutely absurd.
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:18
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Not saying it will happen, but I wonder whats gonna happen if/when
> England get knocked out on Saturday...

Well, so far they've been impeccable, while others have rioted.

I hope that, shold England be beaten, they take it well and don't start trouble.

Anyone out in Korea/Japan that does start trouble - I hope they get some sense beaten into them by the police. Unlike here, their police won't pussyfoot around in case they injure someone - they'll get stuck in and ask questions later.
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:16
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Just the supporters who are very very racist. (okay, i know its not
> all of them)

Insane Bartender blasted me for a point which i covered "(okay, i know its not
> all of them)"
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:14
Regular
Thats true. But I dont live in those countries and so I suppose I wont really hear about it. Its hard for me to build a hatred for them.

The English have probably got the worst rep for Hooligans though...

Not saying it will happen, but I wonder whats gonna happen if/when England get knocked out on Saturday...
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:14
Regular
Yes, but the French sold them during the war.

Plus they eat frogs. Never trust someone who eats frogs. :)
Thu 13/06/02 at 17:12
"Darkness, always"
Or†ega wrote:
> Just the supporters who are very very racist. (okay, i know its not
> all of them)

That is a disgusting comment. You're talking about a few stupid idots who's voices always get heard because they say stupid things. How DARE you judge the english football supporters on the basis of a few simple minded buffoons that EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD HAS SOME OF.

I hold you in contempt until you say something redeemable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.