GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1-0 but...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 16:42
Regular
It was only due to a penalty.
Whilst I'm happy that strangers representing "my" country in a sports tournament have beaten an opposing team, I wonder what might have happened if that penalty had not been awarded?

Was nice to see someone spewing claret from their nose though.
Make them earn that obscene wage.

And in other news, teachers in New York are protesting at the cutting of almost $2million from the education department budget with the fear that many inner city school will have to close.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I think it was a penalty. But to be honest, if Owen did cheat against Argentina with a dive - good on him ! Gives them a taste of their own bloody medicine !

For me, it would have been the icing on the cake if an England player had hand balled a goal to get us the win. I'd love to see those Argentine gits go through what they've put us through.

Like I said, personally I think it was a legitimate penalty. But if it was a dive, I don't have the slightest bit of sympathy for the Argies, what goes around comes around.
Fri 07/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
"how long have i got"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Why watch if you can't be bothered to support 'your country'?!

>cos he is weird
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:27
Regular
yeh owen said "i would not cheat, i will be clever" good game ut IMHO i think he dived, ah well we won so who cares?
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:18
Regular
"um..."
Talking of other news did you know yesterday was the anniversary of D-Day?
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Whoooo!

I think we just about deserved it. Basically, we had the better chances.

I'm disappointed they didn't leave Heskey on for longer, as I thought he played okay. His headers in the first half were a great asset, and even when he missed it nearly led to Owen scoring. {:)

I think the hype of the game actually ruined it a bit though...I'm not as happy as I thought I'd be.

Good day though, Spain are through. An impressive start for my pick to win the World Cup (and yes, I do have money on that.)
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:03
Regular
"um..."
Hmm unlike you lucky people I missed the game live, I was at work.

Why do you berate England? you should be proud to support your country so it was a penalty it's still a goal. No owen did not dive, I know it's sounds silly but I don't think it's in his character to dive.

England did not go out for revenge not in my eyes anyway because if they had they more than likely would have been done like kippers.

Argentina broke the rules, they were penalised, England made the most of it.

Least we don't cheat like "Mr aargh the ball hit my thigh but hurt my face".
Fri 07/06/02 at 20:02
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Actually I was watching game as genuine neutral... and he never
> touched Owen.

watching it as an England fan i have to agree, so did the pundit people.
Fri 07/06/02 at 19:56
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> Actually I was watching game as genuine neutral... and he never
> touched Owen.

He kicked him as he went past, i watched the replay again and again, it was nothing serious but enough to trip him up and therefore ruined the possibility of winning.

England deserved the win anyway...
Fri 07/06/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your Honour wrote:
> I wonder how long he'll use that excuse for, and how
> much longer the American people will buy into it?

Probably for as long as CNN tell them to?
Fri 07/06/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Actually I was watching game as genuine neutral... and he never touched Owen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.