GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1-0 but...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 16:42
Regular
It was only due to a penalty.
Whilst I'm happy that strangers representing "my" country in a sports tournament have beaten an opposing team, I wonder what might have happened if that penalty had not been awarded?

Was nice to see someone spewing claret from their nose though.
Make them earn that obscene wage.

And in other news, teachers in New York are protesting at the cutting of almost $2million from the education department budget with the fear that many inner city school will have to close.
Sat 08/06/02 at 12:09
Regular
and the ref is the best in the world (got voted it FOUR times) so he must of knew what he was doing :D
Sat 08/06/02 at 11:55
"I h8 ron atkinson"
That ref is a god, and if i was a women i would love to have his bald beady eyed babies!
Sat 08/06/02 at 11:46
Regular
It was a penalty, because the ref gave it.

It's as simple as that. Whether we should have been awarded a penalty or not doesn't matter. The ref thought we should get one, so we did.

End of story.
Sat 08/06/02 at 11:23
Regular
on second looks (watching ITV) the argentinian defender did actually knock Owens knee slightly.
Fri 07/06/02 at 23:56
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Longster wrote:
> If we hadn't have got the penalty of which we did diserve we would of
> scored, we were all over them it was a matter of time before we
> scored.

----

But they didn't score after the penalty! They had another 45 minutes to score and they didn't. You could say that had it been 0-0 at half-time, Argentina would have come out and played far better, rather than be demoralised at being a goal down. You could say that they had chances too and it was just a matter of time before they scored. You can't say "we would have scored definitely!" It doesn't work that way. The fact is, England didn't score after the penalty even though they had plenty of chances.

----

Now we've beat the 'favourites' i think we have a really good
> chance of winning,

----

Oh lord!

----

Argentina might not even go through.

----

Argentina - 1 Sweden - 0 / Nigeria - 2 England - 0

----

> Who here's gonna just miss first lesson of school? i know i am

----

I don't have school. Got Chemistry and English exams on Monday and Maths on Tuesday, but then Wedensday off. So I can celebrate England's defeat at the hands of Nigeria all day!
Fri 07/06/02 at 23:41
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, it was a good match. Very good to watch.

Sinclair - Lol, he did those Argentines good! :o)

The penelty? Mm, maybe a slight dive, but I could of spotted at least 10 Argentina dives.

Sheringham, Oh he really deserved to score. His shots were amazing.

All I can say, is good. I hope Argentina dont go through. Nigera? Underestimated team, we should do them quite easily though.

Mm, ah well, 1-0. Classic.
Fri 07/06/02 at 23:27
Regular
"WWJD"
If we hadn't have got the penalty of which we did diserve we would of scored, we were all over them it was a matter of time before we scored. Now we've beat the 'favourites' i think we have a really good chance of winning, Argentina might not even go through.

Who here's gonna just miss first lesson of school? i know i am
Fri 07/06/02 at 23:14
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
My ultimate hope now is that Argentina beat Sweden by just 1 goal and Nigeria beat England by 2. If my calculations are correct then that puts Sweden ahead on goal difference with Argentina at the top.

Sweden and Argentina go through. England go home. Best thing that could happen.

COME ON NIGERIA!
Fri 07/06/02 at 23:12
Regular
"everyone says it"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Wasn't a penalty

It was an english penalty.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
A couple of you appear to be mocking Americans for accepting everything that is fed to them. However, quite a few of you also seem to have accepted what Beckham said about the English team being too honest.

Come on! Too honest? Don't make me laugh. They perhaps don't make as much of some tackles as Argentina would but they're far from honest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.