GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1-0 but...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 16:42
Regular
It was only due to a penalty.
Whilst I'm happy that strangers representing "my" country in a sports tournament have beaten an opposing team, I wonder what might have happened if that penalty had not been awarded?

Was nice to see someone spewing claret from their nose though.
Make them earn that obscene wage.

And in other news, teachers in New York are protesting at the cutting of almost $2million from the education department budget with the fear that many inner city school will have to close.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just outta curiosity, what nationality are you Vot ? Sorry if you've said before somewhere, just wondering.
Sat 08/06/02 at 21:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
WOOHOOOO!

I have just made my friend see the light. He has always supported Italy since his dad is Italian but he has also supported England whenever they have been playing. However, I have now made him realise how annoying England are and we are now talking about the possible outcomes of England's group. He is now hoping they lose to Nigeria and Sweden to lose to Argentina.

Same amount of goals for each team and England are out. Oh how I'm praying.
Sat 08/06/02 at 20:58
Regular
"not dead"
To be honest, if we don't get at least a draw, then we don't deserve to be in the next round, and I'm a fair person, you can't get through with just one decent result.

No matter what happens, I'll enjoy it, and the rest of the tournament.
Sat 08/06/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Meka Dragon wrote:
I'm looking forward to the next one.

What, you mean you're looking forward to Nigeria beating England 1-0 and Argentina beating Sweden 1-0. Then I'll be chanting "FOOTBALL'S COMING HOME!!!" while laughing in everybody's face! MEWAHAHAH!

OR.....

If England win and go through, I will hide in my room and never show my face again EVER! Well, at least not until the celebrations die down a bit.
Sat 08/06/02 at 19:59
Regular
"not dead"
Everyone knows that the majority of education comes down to the parents these days, schools, whether they be here, or in the US have been nothing more than nurseries for quite some time now. Some where for the kids to go to smoke, where their parents can't see.

Of course, the kids are fed a bunch of stuff so they might be able to pass exams, but what the heck does that mean, anyway?

And the football?

Top match. England got a penalty because the defender lunged for the ball and didn't get it, he caught Owen instead, simple as that really.

You can if and but all you like about what would have happened if we didn't get a penalty, but we did, and we won the game. I enjoyed it, had some fun, and I'm looking forward to the next one.
Sat 08/06/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Better Than You"
Stop complaining, we won!
Sat 08/06/02 at 14:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No he didn't use his face.
Sat 08/06/02 at 13:04
Regular
KR wrote:
> no because he handballed it.

Really?! And theres me thinking they called it "the hand of god" becasue it came off his A55.
Sat 08/06/02 at 12:58
Regular
no because he handballed it.
Sat 08/06/02 at 12:40
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> It was a penalty, because the ref gave it.
>
> It's as simple as that. Whether we should have been awarded a penalty
> or not doesn't matter. The ref thought we should get one, so we did.
>
> End of story.

Right, so everyone will shut up about Maradona's "hand of God" now will they? Thought not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.