GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"1-0 but...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 16:42
Regular
It was only due to a penalty.
Whilst I'm happy that strangers representing "my" country in a sports tournament have beaten an opposing team, I wonder what might have happened if that penalty had not been awarded?

Was nice to see someone spewing claret from their nose though.
Make them earn that obscene wage.

And in other news, teachers in New York are protesting at the cutting of almost $2million from the education department budget with the fear that many inner city school will have to close.
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:11
"High polygon count"
Why watch if you can't be bothered to support 'your country'?!
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
nh wrote:

> The school thing is a disgrace - where's the money going ? probably to
> fund another couple of cluster bombs. They have enough money without
> having to take it away from education.
--

Yep, going towards the new "Central Agency" to deal with terrorism.
Which, I guess, means they'll be cutting back on insurgence funding for the CIA death-squads in Nicaragua, El Salvador and Chile?
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Definately deserved.

We outplayed them for 75% of the game and had numerous chances.

It's a shame we didn't score from open play though cos it is always better to score that way than from the spot.

The Argies deserved it after laughing at our players in '98.

---

The school thing is a disgrace - where's the money going ? probably to fund another couple of cluster bombs. They have enough money without having to take it away from education.
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Not really because the odds are a lot less if you only have to get 1 in instead of the shoot-out.

And England has never missed all the balls in a penalty shoot-out.
England won thanks to Owen diving and Beckham being mere yards from the goal.

*claps*

Wheras England played like a bunch of grannies against Sweden with no penalty decision.
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:06
Regular
"One More Chance"
Im glad we won but towards the end we let the Argentians come at us way to much. We did not go in for the tackles we let them run at us and it nearly cost us if it was not for David Seamen.
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:05
"High polygon count"
England's history with penaltied in major tournaments makes it even more deserved!
Fri 07/06/02 at 17:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Deserved schmeserved.

Ball is feet away, you take a run up and it's 50/50 that it goes in.
When not handed the chance on a plate, it's bouncing off posts and going wide.
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:58
"High polygon count"
Well you don't usually!

So it was a penalty. It's all part of the game. They fouled, we scored. A goal is a goal, whether from open play, penalty spot, or deflected off goalkeepers butt! We scored, they didn't - hence a deserved win! :-)
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:51
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Goatboy doesn't follow football"??

Goatboy sat and watched and saw Beckham score from a few feet away from a penalty, whilst the rest of the match was spent fouling and end-to-end.
Maybe I watched a different game with lots of goals?
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:50
"High polygon count"
fosbe wrote:
> No offence but if you watched the game properly you would realise that
> england played better and deserved the win.

Goatboy doesn't follow football and has no particular allegiance to England.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.