GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You blind Ninty monkeys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/06/02 at 14:53
Regular
You think you're so smart with your nice new GameCubes. Happy with them are you? I know you are, you've told us enough times. Especially "Oooh, this controller is fantastic, it's much better than all the other controllers I've used".

Bollards.

Why can't you see it's exactly the same as the DualShock 2 but with less features? Let's run through this:

· D-pad - check
· Two analog sticks - check
· Four main buttons - check
· Shoulder buttons - check
· Rumble - nope
· Full analog on ALL buttons - nope
· 4 shoulder buttons - nope
· Analog sticks as sensitive as the DualShock 2 - nope
· Ability to drop for storeys and still work perfectly - nope

Excuse me if I'm wrong but surely if it's the SAME shape with the SAME layout but with less functions, that makes it worse? Oh no, sorry, I'm missing out the facts that it's purple and made by Nintendo, that automatically makes it far superior, I'm terribly sorry.

I dare any of you to prove to me that the GameCube controller is better than the DualShock 2 - and saying that "it's more comfortable" is a cop-out.
Page:
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:07
Regular
ACtually the GC controller does have four shoulder buttons, if you jab them down hard they click, which is used for a different function in games. In Rouge Leader for example, the right shoulder controls the speed, but jab it down futher than it normally goes, and you change the s-foils instead.
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Stand clear everyone I think Turbonutter's gonna wet his pants.
>
> What's the matter Turbo, do you hate to see other people enjoying
> their consoles that don't have a Sony label on them?
>
> At the end of the day there is no best pad, I find the Gamecube pad
> much more comfortable than I think that the buttons are laid out
> better, the controller fits into your hands and I have found that the
> sticks are much easier to use than any other pads. I find the dual
> shock uncomfortable I stuggle to use the analogue sticks and
> frequently find it hard to press all the shoulder buttons. At end of
> the day its each to their own so stop posting this biased BS you
> annoying little man.

Perfect, this is just perfect. Thank you Tiltawhirl, you have so traditionally succeeded where all other Nintys have failed.
Thu 06/06/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Now, there are somethings that don't seem as good... the lack of
> analogue face buttons for one. That said, name a PS2 games that makes
> good use of them... I really can't think of one yet. Oh, and don't
> bother naming driving games- that's the point of anaolgue trigger
> style shoulder buttons (ala Dreamcast).

Dropship - gemius. Also MGS2.

And I hate using the trigger buttons for accelaration and breaking. The forfingers are so not suited to it.
Thu 06/06/02 at 21:55
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Doh! Forgot all about MGS2- the analogue buttons were used with such subtlty that I have to think back very hard to remember it...

Oh, and Turbo, I prefer using analogue triggers for racers;)
Thu 06/06/02 at 22:38
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I actually prefer the xbox pad. Then the gc and then the ps2. I prefer the xbox pad becaus ei used to own a dreamcast and i loved the controllers because of the size and i like the big controllers so when i first held a xbox controller i knew it was the one i owuld likethe most.
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:20
Regular
The Gamecube controller is based aroud the incredibly comfortable Virtual boy pad, the buttons are used to represent previous snes gaming and nintendo have taken the idea of a second analogue stick which was nintendo's idea in the first place as was the sodding d-pad.

look glum, pipe down and P*** off :D
Thu 06/06/02 at 23:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Still vastly inferior though.
Fri 07/06/02 at 01:39
Regular
I use both pads daily, Dual shock 2 for Pro Evolution and GameCube controller for Smash brothers. Both do thier job...

But I still prefer GameCube controller so...:P
Fri 07/06/02 at 11:17
"Mimmargh!"
Bah! Someones bitter methinks....
So, do you have a Gamcube Turbonutter?
;0D
Fri 07/06/02 at 11:28
"Darkness, always"
Turbonutter wrote:
> You're missing the point. Jeans are meant to be comfortable,
> controllers are meant to play games...

No, you quite clearly miss the point that part of a controllers function is to be comfortable for the user, hence making the game a more enjoyable experience, and avoiding hand cramps etc. A quality controller is a comfortable controller. However many snazzy buttons a controller has, if it doesn't fit in your hand properly, it's only half designed well.

> Yup, but it's working so far

If working is everyone telling you that you are incredibly wrong, then I agree.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.