GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/01/00 at 14:43
Regular
When PS 2 gets here it will give people what they really want: brilliant games and graphics and no hassle. PC's are just too awkward for the uninitiated. Their only selling point before was their power. The next generation consoles will make this difference tiny. No wonder Bill Gates wants to make a console!
Fri 01/09/00 at 04:53
A few of the best single player games for the PC include:
Deus Ex if your in to RPGs especially as it's the benchmark of its genre (my particular fave at the moment), Soldier Of Forture is
a brilliant single player game, full of intestines and
disembodied ligaments (also fave), C&C Tiberian Sun is
an exellent strategy game for single play, Nomad Soul or
Discworld Noir are both great for the action/adventure buzz.

There are a loads more out there & new ones on the way.
Thu 31/08/00 at 23:05
I think it would be a great idea if we could rent out pc games as you say we could copy them in fact I know how to copy games but don't coz it's illegal.
The thing is even with playstaion games you could copy them, my friends brother used to but the guy that supplied him with free blank discs got caught so he has stopped now.
Thu 31/08/00 at 18:09
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
Would'nt it be great if you could rent PC games. U could try before you buy like on consoles.

But we can't as PC games can be so easily copyed through priracy. Life would be so much easier to see if It will work on your system as PC games are like that.

Who else would love to rent PC games?
Thu 31/08/00 at 11:58
I can’t wait until November 10th. That is the date for the release of CM 00/01 and what a game it is lining up to be. It is built on the engine of the last two games in the CM Series but the new features that are going to be included just makes me feel that this game will be one of the best games ever made. You now have the chance to play 26 different leagues at the same time, including 9 new leagues added to the game. The Leagues added are Northern Ireland, Wales [BRING ON BARRY TOWN], Turkey, Greece, Russia, Finland, Croatia, Poland, Australia and Northern Ireland. There will also be over 50,000 player and manager stats and all the latest transfers will be updated. There will be a massive improvement in staff feedback and player feedback and you will get reports from your physio informing you of fitness worries and suggestions on your team. You now also can respond to the all allegations made about your club, e.g. Respond to Agents saying there clients are on the verge of signing for your club or dismiss reports that you are going to take another job with a different club. You can now go to the FA and complain about a referee or ask for a match to be postponed if you are going to be without your best players. The Transfer system will be revamped and will now feature all the elements of the real life negotiations that go on. All the competitions will be updated and based on the 2000/2001 season. You can now get offered jobs for International u21’s teams and B teams and also if you a International manager you don’t have to control the u21 and b side the computer will. You can also use the Randomized player option which you could start with Arsenal and have non of the regulars playing for you and starting with players like Rivaldo, and Zidane.That’s not all you now can view a live league table while you are in the middle of a match to check where you’ll be if you Win, Lose or Draw. It also includes a data editor, which allows you to change player’s stats and even add yourself to the game if you want. This game will be the game I’ll put on the top of my Christmas list and in my view will be the biggest, and best game of all time for the PC. From what it sounds like I would strongly advise you to Buy this Game.
Thu 31/08/00 at 00:34
i was too young too remember the delights of wolfenstein but thankyou for bringing them back i must reinstall and play. but i still love quake3
Thu 31/08/00 at 00:32
yeah but for hidden and dangerous the only decent game on there you have to download at lest seven episodes of it.
Thu 31/08/00 at 00:29
You want good games? Then i know loads of 'em.

If you like first person shooting then go for quake 3 arena or any of the quakes or dooms these were all ground breaking games of the own genre and promise hours of fun also the later made games inc quake 2 and quake 3 are internet playable. Also you can't forget half life pc gamers no1 in there top 100 for 2 years now and at the mo in most shops for £30 you ccan get half life plus 2 expansion packs so it's a great deal.

racing then carmageddon if you like it this is a game where you drive around run over peds and have to waste the other cars to win (the other cars do attack you aswell). I would say 2 is the best. Or there's always the f1 games all as good as each other so take your pick. There's the rally games colin mcrae the fave or just rally championship is a later made game has better graphics and the races are better as well.

You like flying? Then get flight unlimited 3 this can be found in standard or pro, pro being more expensive but has more to offer. This could also be used as part of your flying liscence if you want one but the instructors will not train you on it.

You like wargames then hidden and dangerous or delta force 2 are both great for this you control a group of men and have to negoitiate differnet tasks both the smae but HAD is set in ww2

RTS your thing then shogun total war is great, you control an army set in japan and try to become the shogun you have to use different units for different units. Or if you also like resource management the go for age of empires 2 the age of kings this is a game where you must collect wood foos stone and gold to create an empire and an army in which to fight against others.

For advenures then thief 2 is just perfect, this is a sneak em up game where you hae to steal things and shoot people withput making much noise.

sports: most football games are alright but fifa 2000 stands out from the crowd

also nhl 2000 is an ice hocley game great fun if you like beating up the other team.

management sims such as sim city 3000 where you make a city and suffer the perils of the mayors job.

or theme park world or rollercoaster tycoon are very good thme park sims.

beat em ups your thing (although unlikely) then the only game i can thnk of is mortal kombat (although all beat em ups on the pc are pretty s***e).

any other games i can think of are driver where you have to drive around a city and do different task also includes several sub-games which arent as fun but are stiil good when you complete the main game.

Grand theft auto i think you know this one already go for number 2 far better.

soldier of fortune is great you are a one man army and you do randon tasks.

well that's about it these games should cover it you need anymre advice just ask, by the way make sure your graphics card is 16mb because this wil give you excellent frame rate and graphics. Plus you wont have to replace it for years to come.

And if you are gonna buy quake 3 make sure you got 128mb ram or you suffer bad load times.
Tue 29/08/00 at 22:21
It's changed now! If yopu want C&C Red Alert Levels to play as Single or Multiplayer Skirmishes then go to www.geocities.com/n_edgy/index.html
Tue 29/08/00 at 20:28
does anyone know where i can get aoe2 cheap coz i don't have much money and i aint willing to spend loads
Tue 29/08/00 at 20:25
most (if not all) of the microsoft games will definately appear on the x-box but i don't know about other games developers but i know that most includong microsoft will keep churnning out games onto the pc, so i know i wont have to get rid of it ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.