GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - first impressions..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/05/02 at 18:55
Regular
A little disapointed to be honest. I know i have only played it for an hour and a half so far, but to be honest at the moment it doesnt feel like i have done anything apart from watched with a little bit of walking and really really easy fights in between.

For me, its not started off at all like any of the previous games, they seemed to throw you into the action straight off, you got to actually do some playing while the story got off to a rushing start, this game hasnt done that to me yet, and this is one of the most important parts of the game.

You have to say that a game really needs a good begining to get things up and running, FF10 starts pretty slow....then with the blitzball scene it gets really good and im starting to think im back in FF, them something strange happens and the game just slowed down again.

Its not all bad, im intrigued to find out whats happening next, and it does seem to be building to something big, its just that, well, i think the graphics may have gone to Squares head at the minute, so far i havent played, i have watched, i hope its starts to improve in that aspect soon.

Got to say though, the graphics and character animations are very nice indeed, but still, a little more play would be nice sometime soon.
Page:
Mon 22/07/02 at 21:54
Regular
"accidental superher"
ahh i vaguely remember now...
the bit i do remember the most is when tidus goes through yuna...
Mon 22/07/02 at 19:02
I also remember Yuna running to Tidus, only to fall through him (he was a dream then). How I laughed! Er... not really. TO be honest, I wuldn't mind that happening to me.
Mon 22/07/02 at 19:00
beanz wrote:
> no i don't remember Yuna whistling at the sea either...
> when you say whistling...do you mean the whistle that tidus taught her
> at luca...

Yeah, that's right... and Lulu then came up to her and said it's time for her speech, or something along those lines.
Mon 22/07/02 at 18:29
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Come to think of it, maybe I was drunk when I completed it since I don't remember Lulu calling Yuna either. I may have to complete it again.

One thing I do remember, and something I really didn't like, was the slap of the hands between Jecht and Tidus. That sucked.
Sun 21/07/02 at 23:20
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Did any of you even bother to watch the ending sequence to the game? :D

Yuna was whisteling into the sea (the one that Tidus told her to do if she ever needed him), so she whistled to try and get him to come back if he could...and then lulu came and told her it was time to go and she went and gave a speech in the big blitzball dome in Luca.

I guess the whisteling and Tidus appearing at the end of the game in the water kind of go hand in hand...
Sun 21/07/02 at 22:40
Regular
"accidental superher"
no i don't remember Yuna whistling at the sea either...
when you say whistling...do you mean the whistle that tidus taught her at luca...
Sun 21/07/02 at 12:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yuna whistling out to sea? I don't remember that either. I don't recall being drunk when watching the ending but I can usually remember most things. I remember Tidus telling Jecht that he was happy he was his dad or something. But that was before the ending. Oh well....
Sat 20/07/02 at 23:36
The most memorable part of the ending for me was Yuna whistling out to sea. Don't know why, it just was.
Fri 19/07/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Well, I'm sure I'll have forgotten those words come tomorrow.
Thu 18/07/02 at 22:44
Regular
"360: swfcman"
There the words...they will be with me for some time.... :D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.