GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Next Freeola Meetup @ Bridgend, Wales (21 Suicides)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/08 at 21:29
Regular
Sorry couldnt resist. =P But seriously, what the hell is going on? Why are 17 people hanging themselves in the same area? And why is the Daily Mail saying it's heavy metal and video games to blame?

Why are the police downplaying the deaths and saying they're unrelated and why are the parents keen to get rid of the media coverage? Are they worried it'll just encourage more kids to commit suicide? That's ridiculous, we all had a tough time growing up but none of us ever contemplated suicide. There's something weird going on in the South of Wales and I'm certain this mornings suicide won't be the last.

17th Suicide discovered this morning

What do the rest of you think?
Mon 21/04/08 at 16:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
stand alone complex! Copies with no orginal!

Still, bridgend can't be that bad of a place to live? I mean, i know its depressing and dull, but enough to force people to kill themselves?

Of course, this could be because the media is playing the whole idea up beliving that suicide is especially unusual in bridgend (which in fact happens everyday, everywhere) and simply people watching the tv think its now the latest hotspot for suicide trips.
Mon 21/04/08 at 11:48
Regular
"sh"
Hmm, I have not seen any conclusive evidence to say that these suicides are related, unless I have missed something, yes it is sad that these people have decided that it is for the best for them to end their lives, but the media have been terrible with what they have done. But then is it best to blame it all on the media?
Sun 20/04/08 at 21:03
Regular
Machie: When will it end?

Total is now 19

"Sainsbury’s shopworker Sean Rees - described as being “happy-go-lucky and always smiling” - was found hanged by his family at 7.30am this morning.

Sean, 19, went missing during a night out with friends in the town before being found hanged in a lane."

All the victims hanged themselves in the apparent suicide spate which started in January 2007.

The full death register is;

Dale Crole 18
David Dilling 19
Thomas Davies 20
Zachery Barnes 17
Gareth Morgan 27
Anthony Martin 19
James Knight 26
Jason Williams 21
Andrew Ob Neill 19
Leigh Jenkins 22
Liam Clarke 20
Allyn Price 21
Natasha Randall 17
Angie Fuller 18
Kelly Stephenson 20
Nathaniel Pritchard 15
Jenna Parry 16
Michelle Sheldon 23
Sun 13/04/08 at 15:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Thats the one.
Anyone care to set up our page? I cant be arsed
Sun 13/04/08 at 15:01
Regular
"cachoo"
Frappr?
Sun 13/04/08 at 14:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> Would I be old enough to come to the next meet? I'm going to be
> seventeen in May.

As far as i'm aware, there is no "next meet" planned. There are individual little meet-ups between people but thats it. The last one was easy enough to organise but the location will always be a problem. Whats the name of that map thing that shows where everyone lives? I know we used to have our own map for Freeola.
As i've said, i'd be unlikely to be involved this time anyway.
Sun 13/04/08 at 14:27
Regular
Would I be old enough to come to the next meet? I'm going to be seventeen in May.

Yes I am growing up ^-^
Sun 13/04/08 at 12:00
Regular
Dammit! I missed out :(
Sun 13/04/08 at 01:59
Regular
" Laura Michaels, 23, set up a group called "I Need Sex" on the site. "

The group's apparently been taken down
Sun 13/04/08 at 00:29
Regular
"jermaine_southgate"
i can make the meet at bigend in wales

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.