GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soldier of Fortune II"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 15:47
Regular
Anyone played the test version? What did you think?
Theres so much action in this its addictive! Ive been playing it all day ... must stop...

Whats the release date for the UK, anyone know?
Thu 13/06/02 at 12:59
Help!

I have shut down the power in the caves and have climbed up the lift shaft to where the trucks are, but where now? I've killed everyone and cannot see where I need to go to get to the virus production area.

Anyone?
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yes there is a rocket launcher, I haven't got myself yet, but there is one in the game. There's also a grenade launcher as well, unlike normal grenade launchers, the one in SOF2 carries around 7 shots each so it can be used almost like a normal gun. Also very devasting.

I'm in the warehouse in Hong Kong looking for that guy called deviant 1. A pretty hard level, there is bad guy's all over the place, but still immensely fun.
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Please tell me there's a rocket launcher in the game, there just has to be, is there?
Thu 13/06/02 at 10:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'm now at the Train Station/Depot thing and keep getting killed
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Yep, exactly. The generator just throws all the object, buildings ect.. together mixed with all the options previously chosen. Not the greatest designed maps either, a few buildings here and there, some rubble to hide behind and the usual amount of trees and vegitation.

Despite the maps design, the generator still works very well in creating random missions and levels.
Wed 12/06/02 at 14:00
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
So it randomly generates the entire map on the fly? With buildings, objects and trees etc?
Wed 12/06/02 at 13:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well there isn't a vast amount of options for it, basically you pick from a group of choices from the list provided. These include, mission type, location, time of day, difficulty and time limit, if you want one. Choose the options you want, then click to generate the map.

It takes ages for the map to generate, possibly the longest loadind time in the entire game. When the has finally generated you get a big map with quite a few enemies in and a few buildings dotted around. The generator isn't powerful enough to make complex and well designed maps to fight around, which is why most of the enviroments seen so open and bare.

Still, it's a good option to have, especially if you want a break from the main game and just have a quick shootout. Plus you can also win medals from generated missions, something that I don't think you can from the main game.
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
How powerful is the mission generator, what can it do exactly?
Wed 12/06/02 at 12:46
Regular
"A man with a stick"
No need to rub it in hobbo, but.... It's one of the best action games I have ever played. Heh, sorry about that :) but seriously, it is a great action game certainly one to own if your a fan of the genre. It's a big game as well, it'll take ages to complete and comes with quite a functional mission generator also.
Wed 12/06/02 at 10:16
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I did get the chance to play for an hour or so last night, and I've
> just got to the very start of the ship level.

Stop teasing me, I can't take the pressure much longer. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.