GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soldier of Fortune II"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 15:47
Regular
Anyone played the test version? What did you think?
Theres so much action in this its addictive! Ive been playing it all day ... must stop...

Whats the release date for the UK, anyone know?
Mon 10/06/02 at 13:12
"High polygon count"
cipro wrote:
> I can't remember seeing a maid anywhere, though I didn't walk round the
> entire mansion so I guess that explains it.

She's right at the start of the sub-level where you enter the mansion proper. You go out through the gym and she sees me as she walks into the room opposite.

She says "What are you doing here?" which alert the guard standing round the corner, and then all hell breaks loose! :-)
Mon 10/06/02 at 10:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The shotgun should be renamed the decapitator. It is a very nasty close range weapon, shooting someone close range always kills then, and it always seems to separate parts of their limbs. Very effective, one of the most powerful guns in the game, only it isn't a great long-range gun. I haven't tried the automatic shotgun yet, but I think that will just be as powerful and deadly.

I completed the mansion level the other day, and I found it really bloody hard to remain stealthy. Instead I just ran round the place with the alarms going off, killing anyone who stood in my way. I can't remember seeing a maid anywhere, though I didn't walk round the entire mansion so I guess that explains it.

I'm on a cargo ship now, and you have to scuttle it to sink its contents. It's another hard level sinse the enemies have those micro Uzi’s, and they keep tearing through armour pretty fast. Bloody hard but still immensely fun.
Mon 10/06/02 at 10:42
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
For I, the unfortunate who doesn't yet own the game, can someone please describe what the Shotgun is like to shoot, and the effect it has on bodies.
Mon 10/06/02 at 01:09
"High polygon count"
I'm on the mansion level too, now.

I got peed off at first, with that BLOODY maid - kept spotting me every time! So I shot the guys she alerted, followed her into a room and shot the biatch in the head, point blank.

It ended the game because you can't shoot 'innocents', but was immensely satisfying!

Several times, I got spotted and just went around shooting everyone. What fun! :-)
Sat 08/06/02 at 19:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Finally got past the extraction level yesterday, and it wasn't bloody easy. The next level is in a village that been infected with the virus your traking. Very spooky, you get to walk around plastic tunnels to protect you from the virus, with dying townsfolk and biologiacal teams roaming around. No fighting mind.

The next level is set in a drug dealers mansion, its pretty fun apart from the beggining where you have to be stealthy. Its a bit pointless thanks to the super intelegent(sp?) A.I. who always know where you are. Anyway, the game has been great so far, and I can't wait to see what else is to come.
Fri 07/06/02 at 10:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I've just cleaned out the machine gun nest where the two guys sneak up
> behind you - the temple ruins.
>
> I got to the Inca (?) pyramid last night but got picked off by a
> sniper just after that.

I think know where you are, and if I correct then you shouldn't have that far to go to complete the level. Its just getting through thoses soldiers who hide in the long grass which I found to be a problem. There are about three more jungle levels after this one before you get to play the helicopter extraction.

The last two levels are alot more easier sinse you fight along side three marines, and they do pretty good in clearing out enemy camps. Anyway, I'm still stuck on that bleedin helicopter level, thoses MG nests just cut through the helicopter health, their too bloody powerful. I'm not giving up though, I can't wait to see what the rest of the game has to offer.
Thu 06/06/02 at 22:36
mikeharding wrote:
> I loved the multiplayer, my mate just sent me this cool game too, i
> cant get over about 200 though, anyone beaten that?
> www.soldier-of-fortune.co.uk

I've just tried to get onto the above web-site but my search engine isn't accepting it, anyone any ideas.
Thu 06/06/02 at 17:15
"High polygon count"
I've just cleaned out the machine gun nest where the two guys sneak up behind you - the temple ruins.

I got to the Inca (?) pyramid last night but got picked off by a sniper just after that.
Thu 06/06/02 at 17:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
How far are you wookie?
Thu 06/06/02 at 16:50
"High polygon count"
I've used 4 of my 5 saves and don't know how far i've got to go on this bit, so I'm wary about using the last one! I might have to re-start the level. :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.