GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox-The new Sinclair 5?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 03:42
Regular
Why oh why did Billy try and take on the Sony Mafia?? It was obvious from day one that the 'Black Suitcase' was money down the toilet! The head honcho's down at Microsoft should of known more that anyone that plastering London(where I live) with the XBox insignia was not going to fool the game-buying public?...Sony 4 Ever!!!!
Sat 04/05/02 at 03:42
Why oh why did Billy try and take on the Sony Mafia?? It was obvious from day one that the 'Black Suitcase' was money down the toilet! The head honcho's down at Microsoft should of known more that anyone that plastering London(where I live) with the XBox insignia was not going to fool the game-buying public?...Sony 4 Ever!!!!
Sat 04/05/02 at 08:30
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
when you first come to the forums , it isn't a good idea to annoy people , as that will stick with you for the rest of your days here, dont say pathetic things OK !
Sat 04/05/02 at 08:55
HEY gates_bill or should i just call you TW*T, why don,t you just crawl away and go play in the past on your beloved PRE-HISTORIC 2 .

p.s whats it like to now be the 3rd most advanced console around out of only 3 contenders?????????????????????????????
Sat 04/05/02 at 12:41
Bandit wrote:
> HEY gates_bill or should i just call you TW*T, why don,t you just
> crawl away and go play in the past on your beloved PRE-HISTORIC 2 .
>
> p.s whats it like to now be the 3rd most advanced console around out
> of only 3 contenders?????????????????????????????

It may well be the "3rd most advanced console around", but look at the facts, sonny...People just don't want Bill's monstrosity under their telly's which is why the price has been cut for the second time since it's pathetic launch. As I told the manager of my local EB...Don't bother sticking any price beside the Xbox display as it was bound to go down to about 100 quid after Final Fantasy 10 hits the PS2!
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:01
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Idiot...

now if all the people in the room just DON'T REPLY, this topic will happily sink to the bottom. Of course, I expect Gate_Bill (whose name clear indicates that he has nothing better to do then sl@g off an inanimate piece of plastic) to reply just to pop it...

sonic
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:21
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Idiot...
>
> now if all the people in the room just DON'T REPLY, this topic will
> happily sink to the bottom. Of course, I expect Gate_Bill (whose name
> clear indicates that he has nothing better to do then sl@g off an
> inanimate piece of plastic) to reply just to pop it...
>
> sonic

One thing I've noticed about XBox owners is their undying loyalty to all things Microsoft! Even in the face of adversity, they will defend the monolith with such emotional vigour that one must step back and applaud...ps this is a forum, if people want to reply..let them! You're taking brand-loyalty to a whole new level!
Sat 04/05/02 at 13:28
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Gates_Bill wrote:
> You're taking brand-loyalty to a whole new level!

We're the ones taking brand-loyalty to a new level? Who's the one who took their own precious time to visit an Xbox forum and sl@g it off, eh?

I (and a lot of people on here) are quite happy to own any console, as they are all very good. I own an Xbox, PS2, and will have a GC shortly. But I'm not going to sit here and just let you poke fun at a console, when it is clearly not called for.

I am not biast. Hardly anyone on this site is biast. But it seems you are not one to follow the trend.
Sat 04/05/02 at 14:04
Tóm wrote:
> Gates_Bill wrote:
> You're taking brand-loyalty to a whole new level!
> ______________
> (sorry for replying, as I know I shouldn't but....)
>
> We're the ones taking brand-loyalty to a new level? Who's the one who
> took their own precious time to visit an Xbox forum and sl@g it off,
> eh?
>
> I (and a lot of people on here) are quite happy to own any console, as
> they are all very good. I own an Xbox, PS2, and will have a GC
> shortly. But I'm not going to sit here and just let you poke fun at a
> console, when it is clearly not called for.
>
> I am not biast. Hardly anyone on this site is biast. But it seems you
> are not one to follow the trend.

Are you taking the mickey?...I have been perusing the various topics in this forum and the thing that comes across most is the jealously towards other console manufacturers. It seems that people cannot resist having a dig at the GC/PS2 when trying to talk up the merits of the XBox. If the XBox is so magnificent then why would anyone even need to mention another system?. I thank you.
Sat 04/05/02 at 15:23
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Gates_Bill wrote:
If the XBox is so magnificent then why would anyone even
> need to mention another system?. I thank you.

Because the fact remains that there ARE other systems in existance. And these systems pose a threat to the success of the Xbox. Therefore, we like to discuss them, and how well we *think* they'll do.

If anyone on this xbox forum is biast towards the Xbox, the chances are that they are spamming little newbies.

No, thank YOU!
Sat 04/05/02 at 20:26
Regular
"ur kungfu is no goo"
good point imangine what football would be like if everyone stuck to the team in the area they lived and didnt slak other teams off, its just not British, we are a nation of complainers.
I choose the xbox because I would like to see a console from outside of Japan succeed.
Plus just think what would have happened if the xbox didnt come out would sony have dropped the price of the ps2, would nintendo see the need to bring out a cheaper more affodable console, like it or not microsoft have already changed the face of console gaming!!.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.