GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox-The new Sinclair 5?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/05/02 at 03:42
Regular
Why oh why did Billy try and take on the Sony Mafia?? It was obvious from day one that the 'Black Suitcase' was money down the toilet! The head honcho's down at Microsoft should of known more that anyone that plastering London(where I live) with the XBox insignia was not going to fool the game-buying public?...Sony 4 Ever!!!!
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:30
Tribute wrote:
> I don't like the X-Box and even I hate this guy... stupid person

And that's your contribution to the debate, is it?

You HATE me? Ho Hum
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Festivus!"
HEY! HO HUM IS MINE! And that was my contribution to this lame (sorry) topic
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:35
Regular
More like just got back from Playgroup! You devote your life to posting about the Xbox and you say you don't like it? lol, you really must have a sad life because the things I don't like I leave well alone and that is why I will be parting from your stupid and off the wall comments. Please try to get a life some day now as it would be a shame to lose a future 'human cannonball' *recalls Simpsons episode with Homer and the Cannon* to your futilie and very immature attitude :) Don't you agree? Now go an protect those brain cells! The pair of them need you.
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:37
>Savatt78 wrote:

> Not at all, if the 2 versions are similar in terms of things such as
> graphics, then thats down to laziness on the developers part.
> Overall, the PS2 can't do games such as Fable (Project Ego) or Blinx
> and could never dream of reproducing the same graphics quality as the
> X-Box in games such as Splinter Cell.

This is my main problem with the Xbox,

It's all flash graphics and supersonic dolby effect type nonsense without the one main ingridient needed for longevity...Gameplay *crowd cheers*

I admire your fighting spirit :}
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:39
Tribute invented ho hum...Let it be written...
Tue 15/10/02 at 19:43
garbe123 wrote:
> More like just got back from Playgroup! You devote your life to
> posting about the Xbox and you say you don't like it? lol, you really
> must have a sad life because the things I don't like I leave well
> alone and that is why I will be parting from your stupid and off the
> wall comments. Please try to get a life some day now as it would be a
> shame to lose a future 'human cannonball' *recalls Simpsons episode
> with Homer and the Cannon* to your futilie and very immature attitude
> :) Don't you agree? Now go an protect those brain cells! The pair of
> them need you.

All that for me...?

Must of really got into your head :)
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Overall, gameplay is no less apparent on the X-Box than it is on the other consoles. Halo has recieved tons of praise because it is an excellent game to play as well as look at.

There are also a number of other excellent games on the X-Box with a shed load on the way. Microsoft haven't been in the console market long and already they have loads of excellent games coming for the X-Box.
It took months before PS2 had a decent title on it - all of its launch titles and games for the following 6 - 7 months were either rush jobs to get on the console such as Tekken Tag or just plain crap.

Of course the PS2 has a lot of great games now, but it should do - its been out a hell of a lot longer than the X-Box.
Tue 15/10/02 at 20:32
Aye, as some joker said on here before, the ps2 is 'prehistoric' (his words not mine) in comparison to the xbox yet it outsells it...8/1?

This is why the xbox will Never be able to compete with the stranglehold that Sony and the Gamechild have over the console market...

I hope this doesn't upset you :)
Tue 15/10/02 at 23:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The reason the PS2 sells so well is because Sony marketed the PS1 well. This set off the Playstation brand as being "the in one to own". From here its a case of sheep following their friends.

Overall the PS2 had crap games at launch and didn't have any games worth getting excited about for around 6 - 7 months. It sold very well however just on its name. Nowadays it deserves sales because it has decent games now, but nothing beyond its name really screamed that the PS2 was a must have purchase.

Shinji Mikami (creator of Resident Evil) also made a statement recently that a lot of Sony's sales comes down to the PS consoles being very poorly made with the lasers burning out among other problems. The Japanese, rather than get their current console prefer to just get another console so of course this increases sales.
I can actually see what the guy is saying because when I owned my PS1 - I had to take it back around 6 times. Yes 6 times !
I also owned a PS2 and had to get that changed as well.

The GC I had crashed once on me, but overall, I've never had problems with my consoles except the Sony ones which have been a nightmare for me.

So I'm far from upset about any of your comments and will continue to enjoy my X-Box. Trust me mate, you won't be changing that. There are a lot more games I want on the X-Box (around 80) than what I'd want on PS2.
Tue 15/10/02 at 23:33
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:

> There are also a number of other excellent games on the X-Box with a
> shed load on the way. Microsoft haven't been in the console market
> long and already they have loads of excellent games coming for the
> X-Box.

Thats because they just came in and used their extensive amounts of money to buy a load of decent games and companies. Plus many games come from the PC.

Not like say, Nintendo or Sega, who had to develop their success by themselves. Microsoft are making their success from other people's games, and before you say they are part of Microsoft, thats only because they bought them when they decided to make the X-box.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.