GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Of all time!!!!?????? which is the best retro game????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 17:25
Regular
out of all the retro games the main 3 computer game consols are sega, nintendo and ofcourse the all mighty amiga. now out of these which do you think has had the best retro game ever made?????
Tue 11/03/03 at 18:47
Regular
"Oops..."
It has to be the monkey island series. No contest. It gats funnier every time I play it!
Tue 11/03/03 at 13:14
Regular
Pal88 here to say
I never have had a classic retro game because i still have all the old consoles/computers but if i really had to choose it'll be a mix of Toejam & earl: panic on funkatron (md) or atv quad riding (spectrum)

You may think i now sound old but to tell the truth im 16th and have spent my entire life on consoles.
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:47
ToeJam And Earl, ofcourse!
Sat 18/01/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I'd go with tetris because
1. its old
2. It sold a 'beep' load of gameboys because of it
3. its caused many dreams of countless falling blocks the world over
4. the music seamingly has been seared into my brain
5. last but most important it has simplistic yet extremely addictive gameplay
Sat 18/01/03 at 15:59
Regular
"anime freak"
Breath of fire and breath of fire two rocked. They are undoubtably the best rpgs of all time and i think they are the best retro games.
Fri 17/01/03 at 17:22
i think it was called gouls and ghosts, it was rock hard never could get past the first level. good idea though
Fri 17/01/03 at 14:57
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Mercs was a great game. Sword of Vermillion topped the bill along with Xenon 2: Megablast, Castle of Illusion, Jungle Strike, F22 Interceptor...too goddamn many to mention...
Fri 17/01/03 at 14:55
No No No the best and all time classic has to be Desert Strike, Jungle Strike and Urban Strike, on the Amiga First then the mega drive(genesis) and i think it might have been on the snes but i was a sega and an amiga kid, still play on the amiga and i'm trying to find a mega drive power pack (they were that big, they can't be called plugs). Also Lost Vikings 1 on the amiga was good, the original settlers, and the classic amiga game BANSHEE. also MERCS on the megadrive. FLASHBACK too. all great games. Cannon fodder on the sega and amiga.

Cool gaming

Great Days they were.
Thu 16/01/03 at 09:54
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Idlewild wrote:
> Could you call Super Mario World 'Retro'? Now that was a superb
> game...

Super Mario Bros. on the Atari 2600 was ace...but did it actually ever have a finish?
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:37
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Retro gaming is a foolish term. A game can exist outside of time
> contraints and still be a good game. Why would i be retro gaming when
> playing Elite? Does that mean if i watch Star Wars again I'm retro
> watching? Or if I listen to Mozart, am I retro listening? No. So what
> does the term retro gaming really mean?

Did you read the 'Retro' magazine from EDGE by any chance?

There's an excellent article in there, basically saying what you've just said. There are soem interesting points made, so if you haven't read it yet you should take a look.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.