GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox is the worst console out of em all"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:58
Regular
r u so stupid or wht

i said 'snes controller' not the snes machine itself

cant u read?

also in reply to some t***eariler who said 'ppl wud have to spend £300 or so to upgrade their pc for halo whwn it comes out'

that guy is stupid..u can get a new pc for around £600 perfectly adequate for halo's specs, which will prob have only 64 mb ram as recommended

ne way, eveyrone wud much rather have a pc to play halo than an xbox

also, someone said that xbox came with broadband facilities which was why it was £299 at launch..wlel think about this..how many ppl r actually going to play online? did u know that 5% of britain have broadband?

do u really think that microsoft wud spend loads of money on servers just for 5% of population?? U STUPID PERSON
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:00
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:02
i have to back up zero here..
i have just bought a new pc for £310...on qxl.com
It is 1.8 ghz and puts the xbox to shame...how much does the xbox retail for again..ah yes...£300..nvr mind ppl
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:03
ye wateva mate, you just keep telling yourself that!
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:06
Regular
go and check for ya self then stupid
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:14
ye sure i believe you, LOL!
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:20
Regular
wake up and realise the truth

check this link and u wil see that it is just over £300

so stfu

http://www.qxl.com/cgi-bin/qxlhome.cgi/EN/QXL/PR/U1012585463/_28115410
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
It's also actually a fairly poor PC, and it certainly wont own an xbox - it's an all-in-one mobo with cheap on board sound and graphics, small amount of ram - not even ddr - and almost certainly a slow hdd. Don't suppose you questioned why it was so cheap? Great, it's got a fast cpu, good for business apps then, sod all use for gaming without the rest of the spec to back it up.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:31
Regular
Reaper[oV] wrote:
> It's also actually a fairly poor PC, and it certainly wont own an xbox
> - it's an all-in-one mobo with cheap on board sound and graphics,
> small amount of ram - not even ddr - and almost certainly a slow hdd.
> Don't suppose you questioned why it was so cheap? Great, it's got a
> fast cpu, good for business apps then, sod all use for gaming without
> the rest of the spec to back it up.

as i said '128 mb ramwill be recommended for halo'

ne way. ram is cheap
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i think metalgear2king is trying to get as many enemies as possible, maybe to set a new world record!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.