GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox is the worst console out of em all"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:24
Regular
"accidental superher"
GpotterUK wrote:
> Anyway, zero is right, but not for the reasons he said. XBox is crap
> because it breaks down every 5 mintes and loses game saves at random.
> My PS2 never did this.

you were just unlucky....no one else's on these forums have had these problem whatsoever
Sun 14/04/02 at 14:32
sad little individual the true price of the ps2 will come to light when the hdd and modem come out thats why I got a x-box anyways I have both btw
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
When it comes to the PS2's hard drive and internet setup costing more money on top, its bad enough if you bought the console for £200. Imagine being one of the people who paid the full £299 ! They're looking at a total of around £400 or more to have a similar setup to the X-Box and even then its inferior as far as capabilities go.
Sun 14/04/02 at 16:54
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Someone said:
>>Anyway, zero is right, but not for the reasons he said. XBox is crap because it breaks down every 5 mintes and loses game saves at random. My PS2 never did this.

--Actually there have been no X-Box problems in America or Europe, minor problems in Japan but that was only 1% of X-Box's sold..... Mine works fine.... and I can tell you know PS2 BROKE DOWN MORE TIMES THAN ANY OTHER CONSOLE!!!!! HOW CAN PS2 FANS SAY X-BOX BREAKS DOWN WHEN PS2 MADE NEWS HEADLINES BECAUSE OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEIR PS2 NOT WORKING!!! Just to refresh those PS2 fans memories.. remember the disk tray locknig the disk inside the ps2??? remember the laser not working?...exactly. X-Box has had none of these problems.

Someone else said:
>>Just to annoy you, just look at the sales for the X BOX so far, would you really think it could surpass the PS2? In Japan, the Dreamcast is still outselling the X BOX - What do u say to that. And by the way I know where your anger has come from, its your conscience telling you that youve made a BIG mistake buying an X BOX. You are just trying to defend it because you want to assure yourself that youve made the right choice.

--CORRECTION!!!! Thats what PS2 fans say because they cant afford an X-Box and they cant admit X-Box is BETTER!!!!!!

........ITS SAD WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT ISNT IT? ALL THE SAD LITTLE SONY FANS COME CRAWLING ONTO THIS FORUM TO PUT DOWN X-BOX WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE BLATENT HYPOCRITES...... SO I SAY TO ALL THOSE SONY FANS..... GO BACK TO YOUR FORUM AND WHINE ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOUR LOSING RIGHTS TO METAL GEAR SOLID 2, GTA3 AND FINAL FANTASY!!!!

So if you dont mind, im gonna go off and laugh at all those Sony fans who know that they are losing their 'best' games.
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:01
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
GpotterUK wrote:
> Tom's obviously never held a Gamecube controller then.

No. I haven't. Which is why I have no commment to make on it.

My post said "has ever had" which does not include the GC, as it has not been released in the UK yet. Although my original post was worded incorrectly. Sorry.
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
whats the point in posting an x box hate sorta topic in here. it's like a racist walking into an indian resturant and slating the indian people in there or me going up to a load of WWF superstars and slagging them all off,

it will just end in tears and/or a hospital stay.
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:08
Look all you little sad people..
PS2 rules..I could easily afford to buy an Xbox but if I wanted a PC I would buy one, and I prefer my floorboards intact.
This is to put it bluntly another attempt my Micrsoft to monopolise the software and hardware markets... AND THIS TIME THEY FAILED....

Sorry to all those sad sadistic die hard Xbox lovers...
BUT THE TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:12
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Look all you little sad people..
PS2 rules..I could easily afford to buy an Xbox but if I wanted a PC I would buy one, and I prefer my floorboards intact.
This is to put it bluntly another attempt my Micrsoft to monopolise the software and hardware markets... AND THIS TIME THEY FAILED....

Sorry to all those sad sadistic die hard Xbox lovers...
BUT THE TRUTH HURTS!!!!!!

--Your the sad one comming on here to put down X-Box.... So get over it! Whats your only reason for posting here???........ COS YOUR JEALOUSE!
No other reason. This is an X-Box forum!

Anyway i dont need a PS2 I already have enough radiators in my house.
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:01
don't let this pinhead get under your skin his name say's it all ZERRO i have a ps2 & an x-box and i can honestly say the x-box p***ES all over it.And as 4 the LAMECUBE my mate has an import and it's so dull & cartoony that after only 2 months it's getting part chopped 4 a ...................X - B O X ! ! ! ! !
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:01
don't let this pinhead get under your skin his name say's it all ZERRO i have a ps2 & an x-box and i can honestly say the x-box p***ES all over it.And as 4 the LAMECUBE my mate has an import and it's so dull & cartoony that after only 2 months it's getting part chopped 4 an ...................X - B O X ! ! ! ! !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.