GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox is the worst console out of em all"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 11:14
Regular
Xbox : THE size of a huge VCR - the first thing that puts u off it. Only one good game at launch - HALO ( also coming on pc soon). YOu have to pay an extra £27 just for the dvd controller. The control pad is bigger than Dc's and is uncomfortable, with those four crap "jewel buttons"

and of course..the price-£299...wtf! gamecube is only £165, and with PS2 at £199, that makes best choice, with greats games such as MGS2, and GTA3

face it..xbox is only gonna be boughy by ppl with too much cash to burn, thinking that higher specs win..that is not the case!

ps2 has a great range of platinum titles already, and GC will be bought by lots of children. Microsoft also have no experience at all in making consoles.

Previously the N64 had higher specs than Playstation, but playstaion won in the end. With loads of PSone owners, they will upgrade to Xbox.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:54
Regular
so do i m8

hes only been registered for 50 days or so, whilst the rest of us been registered for at least a year ( me over a year)

check his stats

if ne ones a n00b its him
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
RAM hasn't been expensive as it is now for a long time. It shot up before christmas and hasn't yet recovered, some places dropped prices by £5 or so after panicking a bit about the new samsung ddr 333. Even if it's above recommended minimum spec, it wont come close to the xbox - wouldn't put less than 256mb in a games box now...and graphics etc.

I'm not a great xbox fan really, played halo fro a few hours, couple of other titles, don't really like it. But I also don't feel the need to constantly say how poor it is, so I'm happy to defend it against statements which are blatently wrong.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Right. Everyone, shut up. Owning a certain console does not put you in some sort of gang. This whole argument is extreamly immature.

I don't care if the PS2 is the 'coolest console'. I'm not exactly going to be walking around the streets with a sign around my neck that says: "I own an PS2, touch me"

The PS2 is good, but the Xbox is also good. Infact, as I have said before on this forum, "No console is rubbish" some may be failures, but they are certainly not rubbish.

The reccomended spec is always one of the lowest. Halo will still not look the same on the PCs recccommended specs, as it will on the Xbox. You will need to spend a lot more money to get it looking the same, if it is possible.

That PC doesn't include many things. No Windows? Add on £85. No monitor? Add on at least £100 Then speakers = £40 for some good quality ones, about wjat you would get on a TV. That still brings it up to at least £562. Providing the bid price doesn't increase. Even at that price, the graphics will not be as good as on the Xbox.

You would rather have a snes controller? What the hell is wrong with you? And I am the one that suggested you hadn't played on one. You call me a d***head. Then call us immature. Right. 2+2=5.

I don't have a problem with people who don't like Xbox. Just don't come and shout it in my face, because, to be honest, I don't want to know.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:10
Regular
ok..fine

i have read the new thread/post that some guy just started entitled ' why oh why...

i agree with him, and we shud all stop dissing each other and consoles, and only offer constructive comments
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
sorry the psot is actually called 'is the world going mad'
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:12
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Oh, and anyone who doesn't like the size of the Xbox:

Take a nice look at the PC you are using now, then shut up.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:14
Regular
yes u r right--pcs r bigger, but i am not going to argue with u with the fact that pc's r NOT consoles ( dont compare them)

we shud offer only constructive comments
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:15
says u zero I am tempted to report you for ur stupidity
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
zero wrote:

> the fact that pc's r NOT consoles ( dont compare them)

So why the hell do you want to play Halo on it then?

we shud aslo use prper grammar
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:17
Regular
silent 85 u started it again

i nvr said ne thing about u

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.